Photos of university / #sdstatepics
Upon graduation from this CIDA (Council of Interior Design Accreditation) Accredited program, students are eligible to begin the NCIDQ (National Council of Interior Design Qualification) certificate examination process.
The curriculum is interactive, haptic and performance based, offering problem solving experiences in all major areas of design practice (i.e. healthcare, retail, corporate, residential, etc.). It seeks the involvement of local and regional design professionals in order to enrich the program and maintain currency. Issues of national and global importance are included in courses so students will graduate with an awareness of the challenges and opportunities in the world of their professional futures.
The mission of the Interior Design Program is to prepare graduates for practice in interior design profession through research informed, design thinking infused and practice-based projects and opportunities that will strengthen their rational and creative thinking. This is rooted in its vision that the interior designers enrich users experience of the built environment by creating space that is purposeful, compelling and socially and environmentally responsive.
Detailed Course FactsTuition fee
- USD 7995 Year (National)
- USD 18044 Year (International)
Duration full-time 24 months Languages Take an IELTS test
Course ContentMajor Requirements
- Introduction to Interior Design I and Lab Credits
- Introduction to Interior Design II and Lab Credits
- Materials and Lab Credits
- Interior Design Studio I Credits
- Interior Design Studio II Credits
- History of Interior Design I Credits
- History of Interior Design II Credits
- Professional Practices in Interior Design Credits
- Building Systems and Construction and Lab Credits
- Lighting and Acoustics and Lab Credits
- Interior Design Studio III Credits
- Interior Design Studio IV Credits
- Building Codes and Regulations and Lab Credits
- Portfolio and Lab Credits
- Interior Design Studio V Credits
- Interior Design Studio VI Credits
- Travel Studies Credits
- Seminar Credits:
- Practicum Credits:
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 5.5 TOEFL paper-based test score : 550 TOEFL iBT® test : 61
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
RequirementsBachelor of Science
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than South Dakota State University.
AccreditationSouth Dakota State University has been granted the full, ten-year reaccreditation by the Higher Learning Commission. An accreditation team of representatives from peer institutions commended SDSU for:
- Dedicated faculty and staff
- Quality new facilities
- Excellent student leadership
- Shared governance
- Partnerships with local community
- Robust and Integrated assessment program
- Successful transition to NCAA Division I Athletics