Photos of university / #tilburguniversity
Tilburg University's Masters in International Business Taxation LLM program (sub-track: International Business Tax Law) equips you with the advanced tools needed to understand and manage the complex problems facing companies and governments in the field of international business taxation.
Taxation is an increasingly important determinant for enterprises in their decision-making processes on where and how to invest. Incentives and disincentives created by tax systems affect the behavior of multinational enterprises. Nonetheless, legal considerations are taken into account as well in the decision-making process on whether, where and how to invest.
Students acquire in-depth knowledge in the key areas of international business tax law. With your understanding on how tax and legal considerations relate, you will be optimally prepared to help multinational enterprises, organizations and governments to improve todays decision-making processes in the field of international business taxation.
A Tilburg University Master's in International Business Taxation LLM degree offers you:
- The key competencies necessary for a successful career including the ability to gather, process, and analyze information and communicate the results in an effective way.
- The opportunity to customise your degree with a specialized track. Choose between IBTL & Business Organizations and Strategies and IBTL & Globalization.
- An outstanding foundation for a future career. Your graduate degree in law is a qualification in high demand by employers in both the public and private sector.
- A core team of senior, internationally-reputed law lecturers teach the program. These academics are widely published in the top academic journals in the fields of corporate tax law, international and European tax law, VAT, company law and European law. They are affiliated to the Tilburg Law School, as well as the Center for Company Law.
Three core features distinguish the Tilburg International Business Taxation LLM masters program:
- A multi-disciplinary approach ensures you that understand the full range of legal and economic tax aspects of corporate organizations and international business transactions;
- A principle-based approach enables you to acquire knowledge of tax systems and underlying principles applied worldwide, including their underlying concepts;
- Theory is integrated with practice offering you a legal education that is both grounded in theory and infused with real-world and practical knowledge and experience.
Our goal is to ensure that you reach your full potential - and thus meet your ambition of establishing a career at the top of international business tax law practice. As a student of this program, you will benefit from the department's position at the cutting edge of international business tax research. Our status within the academic world and affiliations within academia enable us to involve some of the world's top experts in your learning.
The Master in Laws program International Business Taxation / track International Business Tax Law gives students some freedom in selecting the courses students wish to take by offering two separate sub-tracks:
- Sub-track 1 : International Business Tax Law & Business Organizations and Strategies
- Sub-track 2 : International Business Tax Law & Globalization
Both sub-tracks are advised to students who wish to work for large consultancy or law firms, international organizations such as the EU and OECD, economic departments of multinational enterprises and governments.