Photos of university / #yasaruniv
Analysing global systems through the basic commonalities of international relations.
The Department of International Relations aims to provide its students with the skills to view and analyse a variety of cases and problems concerning international economic, political, social, and diplomatic issues by using the basic premises of political science.
The field of international relations no longer deals exclusively with inter-state relations but also includes interactions among societies, civil society organizations, transnational actors, and individuals. The Department of International Relations develops students that that can assess the multilevel networks of relations on the global scene, run interdisciplinary research with theoretical and thematic explanations, and adapt themselves to the dynamics of ongoing globalization.
We are inviting you to be a part of Department of International Relations and enhance your personal development and knowledge
The Department Facilities
With its experienced academic staff, comprehensive and flexible curriculum and up-to-date course contents, Yasar Universitys Department of International Relations offers high quality education at universal standards. The department has reinforced its commitment to quality graduates through its formal partnerships with universities abroad, Erasmus contracts for student exchange, internships, and cooperation with European Union institutions and other international organizations. Students are also offered and encouraged to have a dual degree and/or double-major degree as well as an additional foreign language-besides English, the language of instruction.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline Fall semester:August 31st;Spring semester:January 31st Tuition fee
- USD 10500 Year (National)
- USD 10500 Year (International)
Duration full-time 48 months Languages Take an IELTS test
Curriculum and Syllabi
The Department of International Relations offers their students courses within the different disciplines of the social sciences; i.e., political science, sociology, law, economics, and philosophy; carefully establishing a balance between theory and practice. The curriculum and syllabi are updated in parallel with developments in the international arena, thereby keeping student familiar with the prevailing mood and ongoing problems in international relations. In addition, the department encourages specialization by offering a variety of class selections.
Job Opportunities for Graduates
The Department of International Relations prepares its students for a wide range of job opportunities in terms of employment facilities, individual interests and preferences. Our graduates may find employment in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or other public agencies, in local agencies of the European Union, in international organizations and their regional agencies, in research centers and civil society organizations, in regional or local offshoots of multinational corporations (MNC), in consulting companies, in local and international banks, media and communication companies, or they may develop an academic career by enrolling in MA and PhD programs in universities abroad or in Turkey.
English Language Requirements
TOEFL paper-based test score : 550 TOEFL iBT® test : 79
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test.
For National Students
- High School Diploma
- Placement through a centralized national university placement examination (ÖSYS). Student Selection and Placement Center (ÖSYM) is responsible to place students according to their ÖSYS scores.
- Certificate of Yasar University Foreign Language Achievement Test (FLAT) or Paper Based TOEFL (PBT) score of 550, or Computer Based TOEFL (CBT) score of 213 or Internet Based TOEFL (IBT) score of 79, or equivalent. (Applicants, who have not achieved the minimum required score from a recognized English Proficiency Examination, must enroll for a one-year intensive English Language Preparatory Programme at Yasar University English Preparatory School.)
For International Students
- High School Diploma
- Certificate of Yasar University Foreign Language Achievement Test (FLAT) or Paper Based TOEFL (PBT) score of 550, or Computer Based TOEFL (CBT) score of 213 or Internet Based TOEFL (IBT) score of 79, or equivalent. (Applicants, who have not achieved the minimum required score from a recognized English Proficiency Examination, must enroll for a one-year intensive English Language Preparatory Programme at Yasar University English Preparatory School.) (Not required for native speakers).
- Letter of Recommendation
- Photocopy of Passport
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Yasar University.
FundingAcademic Achievement Scholarship:
Undergraduate students enrolled at Yasar University are eligible for scholarships based on their academic performance. Any student, who has completed the first academic year and achieved a grade point average of above 2.30 out of 4.00, will be eligible to apply for an academic scholarship. Within the quota determined, scholarships for the following academic year, will be awarded on a 100%, 50% and 25% basis. The scholarship will continue as long as the student’s grades are maintained.
Yasar University offers Sports Scholarships to successful athletes playing in National teams. This year, scholarships of 100%, 50% and 25% will be offered to athletes in below fields: Tennis, Table Tennis, Archery, Athletics, Chess, Fencing, Gymnastics, Swimming and Triathlon Applications for Sports Scholarship are taken during May.
Turkish Government Scholarships:
Some international students may also be eligible for scholarships sponsored by the Turkish government.