With the growth in legal regulation across all sectors, there is an increasing requirement on business organisations, including those operating within the legal profession, to meet their compliance requirements - and a corresponding growing need for expertise and insight on business and legal risk.
Designed to provide a fundamental knowledge and understanding of the principal features of the legal system and law of Scotland together with the chance to combine law training with studies in business and legal risk management, whilst fulfil the requirements of the Law Society of Scotland.
This Programme will also equip you with skills highly valued by employers, such as presentational, research and computing skills; critical evaluation; and concise writing, and will support your development as an independent, articulate and reflective professional.
The LLB (Hons) Bachelor of Laws with Risk is an innovative and forward thinking programme with a clear commitment to developing individuals who will graduate embodying and promoting the values associated with responsible business management.
Detailed Course FactsTuition fee
- GBP 1820 Year (EEA)
- GBP 10200 Year (International)
- Year 1: Introduction to Legal Systems and Study; Criminal Law and Evidence; Public Law; Scots Law, Human Rights and Accountability; Obligations; Trusts, Succession and Family Law.
- Year 2: Commercial Law; Legal Skills and IT Law; EU Law; Law for the Built and Natural Environment; Society & Risk.
- Year 3: Jurisprudence and Social Theory; Risk Management in Organisations; Conduct Risk; Business Continuity Management, and a choice of two law options such as: Communications Law and Regulation; Employment Law; Evidence and Forensic Identification; Health Care Law and Ethics; Immigration and Asylum Law; International Economic Law; Internet Law and Business; Mediation and Mooting; Professional Links; Sports Law.
- Year 4: Honours Dissertation combined with choice of two law options such as: Advanced Commercial Law; Advanced Health Care Law and Ethics; Advanced Jurisprudence; Competition Law; Contemporary Issues in Delict; Contemporary Issues in International Law; Contract Negotiation and Drafting; Foundations of Law, Human Rights and Public Interest; Globalisation and International Institutions; International Contract Law; Law of International Trade: Modern Approaches to Islamic Business Law, and a choice of two Risk options such as: Strategic Risk Management; Societal Risk Assessment; Public Sector Risk Management; International Management of Risk; Management of Health and Safety; Health & Hygiene for Managers.
OptionsIn addition to the core law subjects required by the Law Society or Scotland for entry to the legal profession, and to the core risk modules on the programme, you'll have opportunities to choose from a range of optional law modules at levels three and four, and from a range of risk modules at level four.
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 7
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
Higher: AABBB, A Level: AAB, ILC-H: A2 A2 B2 B2 B2, IB Diploma: 28 points.
Non-standard entry: Applications are welcome from mature students, especially from those who have worked in a legal environment.
Such applicants will be required to attend an interview and may also be asked to submit a short piece of written work. Information about Recognition of Prior Learning
Access courses: Applications are also welcome from those mature students who have completed successfully an Access Programme at another institution (e.g. Pre Entry Certificate PEC)
English Language: Comparable international qualifications
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Access Bursary
Bursary for UK students all subjects where the variable tuition fee rate is payable.
- Alumni Bursary
Alumni Bursary for UK Undergraduate students
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Glasgow Caledonian University.
GCU London is offering a range of scholarships to support you in your studies funded by industry, trusts and friends of the University. Scholarships may cover fees, and/or provide a maintenance grant to support you during your studies.
GCU is accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as a provider of the LLB, Bachelor of Laws which, together with other training, is the main route for entry to the solicitors profession.