Photos of university / #sheffhallamuni
At the heart of every successful business is effective logistics and supply chain management practice. For their ongoing success businesses need access to staff who can bring expertise, the latest technical skills and real ambition and determination to improve and change the industry.
The course provides you with the opportunity to develop your understanding of current best practice in the theory and application of leading processes and systems in logistics, operations engineering and supply chain management.
This course is suitable for
* supply chain practitioners wanting to become technical specialists or managers in industrial and manufacturing companies
* recent graduates beginning a career in this dynamic area
* engineers and managers needing to develop their skills in logistics and supply chain management
* other well qualified individuals who wish to develop their knowledge and skills in the logistics and supply chain industry
It increases your career potential by improving your
* knowledge and experience in logistics and the supply chain
* technical and problem solving skills
* supply chain management techniques
* management skills
* ability to take on greater responsibility
You also develop your understanding of current best practice in the theory and application of leading edge technologies, processes and systems in logistics, operations engineering and supply chain management.
The course has four logistics and supply chain management modules including supply chain and manufacturing strategy, logistics planning and control and lean operations. There are also four management modules covering areas such as project and quality management, and business process management.
Successful completion of this course contributes towards the academic requirements for registration with the Chartered Institution of Logistics and Transport. As a graduate in the logistics sector, advanced technical and management careers are open to you. This can enhance your career prospects in the supply chain sector as well as in engineering, manufacturing, international transport and logistics, business and commerce.
Management modules * finance and marketing
* project and quality management
* business process management
* systems modelling and simulation
Logistics and supply chain management modules * logistics planning and control
* warehouse management
* lean operations
* supply chain and manufacturing strategy
MSc * project and dissertation
If you are a new graduate, this course gives you the knowledge and skills to begin a career as a technical specialist or manager. If you are already employed in supply chain and logistics, it improves you career potential and can lead to roles with greater responsibility.