Photos of university / #unikentlive
This BSc Marketing degree offers you the opportunity to pursue a thorough grounding in general business subjects while developing more detailed knowledge and skills within the specialism of Marketing.
This programme not only gives you a thorough grounding in the core topics that are key for all businesses' success, but combines this with the study of contemporary issues within Marketing.
The programme equips you with the key skills and knowledge essential for managing a business and specialist Marketing skills and knowledge. It will strongly appeal to students who are considering a future career in Marketing.
On the BSc Marketing with a Year in Industry, you go out on a work placement after completion of the second year of your programme, before returning for your final year of study.
Companies who have recently participated in the scheme include Chase Anderson, Cummins Power Generation, Deloitte, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, General Electric, IBM, KPMG, Microsoft, Lloyds Banking Group and Unilever, as well as corporations in Athens, Dubai, Ghana, Hong Kong, Mauritius and Shanghai.
For many of these companies, this is an ideal opportunity to discover new talent, or to staff one-year projects by tapping into an international pool of dynamic students who already have a consolidated knowledge and understanding of current business issues. For you, it is the chance to put theory into practice as well as to make a valuable contribution to an organisation.
The BSc (Hons) Marketing is currently seeking to acquire CIM professional accreditation in order to equip our students with the best opportunities for a successful marketing career.
Business and Management was ranked 5th in the South East for overall performance in The Complete University Guide 2015. Business, Management and Marketing was ranked 25th in the UK in The Guardian University Guide 2015. Business Studies was ranked 23rd in the UK for student satisfaction in The Times/Sunday Times Good University Guide 2015.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline January 15 Tuition fee Visit Programme Website Start date 2016 Credits (ECTS) 240 ECTS
Credits Total Kent credits: 480
Duration full-time 48 months Languages Take an IELTS test
You take the following compulsory modules:
- Introduction to Marketing
- Business Skills and Employability
- Global Business Environment
- Introduction to Business Modelling
- Microeconomics for Business
- Introduction to Management
- Introduction to Statistics for Business
- Financial Accounting, Reporting and Analysis
Stage 2 and 3
All students take the following compulsory modules in Stages 2 and 3:
- Buyer Behaviour
- Digital Marketing Applications
- International Marketing
- Marketing Communications
- Marketing Management Project
- Marketing Research
- Marketing Strategy
- Business Ethics and Sustainable Management
- Corporate and Business Strategy
- Creativity, Innovation and Organisation
- Interactive Decision Modelling
- Operations Management
Your remaining modules are selected from a wide range available, including:
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Introduction to Social Marketing
- New Product Development Marketing
- Contemporary Management Challenges
- Diversity in Organisations
- Macroeconomics for Business
- Service Management
- Simulation Modelling
All students spend a year in industry, supported by a dedicated placement team and a programme designed to ensure that students gain experience in the functional areas and industries of their choice. For students taking one of the specialist pathways, our strategic partnerships provide opportunities for placements in specific areas.
The placement allows you to experience, first hand, many of the issues addressed in the taught programme and to use the tools, techniques and applications in a real business setting. It will become a vital component of your CV and will give you a distinct advantage over other business graduates.
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6.5
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test.
The University will consider applications from students offering a wide range of qualifications, typical requirements are listed below, students offering alternative qualifications should contact the Admissions Office for further advice. It is not possible to offer places to all students who meet this typical offer/minimum requirement.Qualification Typical offer/minimum requirement
- A level; ABB
- GCSE; Mathematics grade C
- Access to HE Diploma; The University of Kent will not necessarily make conditional offers to all access candidates but will continue to assess them on an individual basis. If an offer is made candidates will be required to obtain/pass the overall Access to Higher Education Diploma and may also be required to obtain a proportion of the total level 3 credits and/or credits in particular subjects at merit grade or above.
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (formerly BTEC National Diploma); The university will consider applicants holding BTEC National Diploma and Extended National Diploma Qualifications (QCF; NQF;OCR) on a case by case basis please contact us via the enquiries tab for further advice on your individual circumstances.
- International Baccalaureate; 34 points overall or 16 at HL including Mathematics 4 at HL or SL
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Access Bursary
Bursary for UK students all subjects where the variable tuition fee rate is payable.
- Alumni Bursary
Alumni Bursary for UK Undergraduate students
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than University of Kent.