Photos of university / #wuvienna
During Master in Management program you will learn not only application-specific management techniques, but you acquire essential skills to organizations, especially its latent structures and processes, to understand and to critically question. Chief topics of study are how people form organizations and how organizations "forms". They develop both systems competence (control of organizations to secure their long-term survival) and social competence (activation of groups and individuals). Studying classical and new scientific insights from organizational and management research to critically discussed and translated into practice.
Management Master's program is a complete course for 4 semesters. Students learn theoretically sound concepts and practices and acquire applied skills, always with a strong practical module.
First year programs:
- Fundamentals of Strategic Management (7 ECTS)
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management (7 ECTS)
- Fundamentals of Management Control (7 ECTS)
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurial Finance (7 ECTS)
- Thesis Seminar: How to Write a Thesis (2 ECTS
- Business Research Methods (5 ECTS)
- Managerial Economics (5 ECTS)
- Professional Development Workshop (5 ECTS)
- Business Planning and Performance Management (15 ECTS)
Second year programs:
- Business Project (15 ECTS)
4 Electives (5 ECTS) to choose from the following areas:
- Advanced Strategic Management
- Advanced Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management
- Advanced Financial Management and Management Control
- Advanced Organizational Design
- Advanced Business Research Methods
- Personal skills I + II (2 ECTS each)
- Master Thesis (20 ECTS)
- Master Thesis Defense (1 ECTS)
Management Master's program is primarily aimed at graduates in Economics studies already have extensive knowledge in the field of business and economics, and is looking for a wide, evidence-based skills.
The prerequisite for admission to the master's program management is the conclusion of a technically acceptable Bachelor's degree or professional in question FH bachelor degree program or any other equivalent program at a recognized Austrian or foreign post-secondary educational institution. Technically acceptable studies, university courses and other equivalent studies, of course, these degree programs and college degree programs.
This master's program mainly taught in German. For receipt of sufficient knowledge of German should the testimony be detected. In addition, there is an opportunity to take in some of the modules of the course in English.