Photos of university / #kocuniversity
An interdisciplinary program on the physical and chemical fundamentals of material synthesis, characterization, structure-property behavior, processing and computational modeling; with emphasis on practical laboratory experience.
Research areas of interest: * Nanostructured materials
* Photonics & laser materials
* Polymeric materials & composites
* Fuel cells & hydrogen storage materials
* Processing & device applications
* Protein biochemistry & biotechnology
* Micro-optics & micro-nano system technologies
Items listed below are only for applicant's information.
All the applicants should apply through ONLINE APPLICATION PPROGRAM.
* Application Form
* Personal and Educational Background Information (CV)
* 3 Recommendation Letters
* Official transcripts from all the universities attended
* Statement of Purpose
* Areas of Interest
English Language RequirementsIELTS band: 6.5 TOEFL paper-based test score : 550 TOEFL iBT® test: 80
Students admitted with a BS/BA degree will have the following offer: * Tuition waiver (33,500 TL/year) plus 1,150 TL monthly stipend, housing. The monthly stipend increases to 1,600 TL after the student passes the PhD qualifier.
Students admitted with a MS/MA degree will have the following offer: * Tuition waiver (33,500 TL/year) plus 1, 400 TL monthly stipend. The monthly stipend increases to 1,600 TL after the student passes the PhD qualifier.
Additional Benefits: * All students receive a laptop computer and private health insurance.
* Students with successful standing receive travel funds to attend scientific conferences and meetings.
* PhD students with higher GPA degrees may be offered super scholarship up to 2,500 TL .
* Students who receive their stipend from other sources (like TÜBITAK scholarships or externally funded research grants and projects) are eligible for the following benefits provided by the university:
* Research Award: 1,300 TL
* Free Housing: This includes all costs except telephone expenses.
* Research Award for PhD students: 2,000 TL/year after they pass the qualifier.