Photos of university / #stockholmuniversity
Upon completion of the Masters Programme in Nutrition the student will have developed advanced scientific skills in the area of nutrition as well as in related areas of national and international significance.
The programme can form a basis for careers in research, teaching and information, public health work, health administration, or laboratory work (e.g. product development) within a commercial or a public context. The programme also gives a good basis for education at doctoral level within this subject area.
The programme explores different aspects of nutrition, including molecular, physiological, epidemiological and public health perspectives. Learning to apply and evaluate methods in modern nutrition research is a central part of the programme, which also includes training in written and oral communication; with colleagues, media and the public. Research ethics and the philosophy of science are also covered, further increasing the students ability to communicate and discuss nutritional science with different groups.
The programme offers the possibility for the student to take elective courses and to pursue further studies in other topics both within or outside the nutrition subject area.
The first year of the programme consists of a block of obligatory courses in the main area (nutrition). The
second year of the programme consists of a Degree project comprising 30, 45 or 60 hp/ECTS. In the second
year, the student can include up to 30 hp/ECTS as elective courses
* Science Communication and Learning for Nutritionists, 7.5 hp/ECTS (NU8009)*
* Diet, Physical Activity, and Fitness: Applied Methodology and Health Aspects, 7.5 hp/ECTS (NU8021)*
* Molecular Nutrition II, 15 hp/ECTS (NU8020)*
* Applied Public Health Nutrition and Project Planning, 15 hp/ECTS (NU8022)
* Environment and Nutrition from an Individual to a Global Perspective, 7.5 hp/ECTS (NU8015)*
* Popular Science Communication, Research Ethics and Philosophy of Science for Nutritionists, 7.5 hp/ECTS (NU8012)*
* Degree Project in Nutrition, 30 hp, 45 hp or 60 hp *,**
* Elective courses, 0-30 hp. These can be any courses.
* Courses in the main subject nutrition.
** To start the Degree Project you must have completed all courses in term 1 and 2.