Photos of university / #kingstonuniversity
The Organisational Development and Change Management PgDip/MSc is a flexible programme designed to meet the needs of those already working, or intending to work, in the area of organisational development and change in the public and private sector organisations. The programme is based on the latest research and practice in the field, combined with the practical application of new knowledge and skills to work-based situations.
What will you study?
The course will enable you to gain a critical understanding of contemporary practice as well as an in-depth knowledge of the competing perspectives of managing change and organisation development and their applicability within a wide range of complex organisational contexts. The range of topics and theory discussed will be of use to both public and private sector practitioners and managers.
What this course offers you
The course provides an in-depth understanding of seven knowledge areas within the field of managing change and, via the dissertation, provides opportunities for detailed and advanced study in specific aspects of this area of organisation development (OD).
The seven knowledge areas are:
* the context of change and the organisation;
* organisation development;
* organisational behaviour;
* theories of leadership and management;
* change agency and consulting;
* planning and managing change; and
* complexity and emergent change blending learning.
Blended learning integrates physical (face-to-face) and electronic modes of study and allows you to make the best use of your own particular learning style. During your face-to-face sessions the tutors will ensure that all activities make best use of personal interaction. They will also inform you of the activities and facilities available for their module online.
PgDip students take five specialist modules. MSc students, in addition to the five modules, take a research methods module and a dissertation.
* Organisational Development and Planned Change
* Leadership, Change and Consultancy
* Working with Complexity and Uncertainty
* Strategic Leadership and the Management of Change
* Developing Skills for Business Leadership
* Research Methods and Dissertation
Kingston Business School bursaries
* For Home/EU and international students: * Five Diana Winstanley bursaries worth £2,000 each.
* Five Diana Winstanley bursaries worth £1,000 each.
Please visit the bursaries page for full application details.
Kingston University scholarships and bursaries
* For international students: * £3,300 scholarships for full-time international students.
* 10% discount on fees for Kingston alumni (alumni loyalty bursary).
* 10% discount on fees for family members of Kingston alumni (family loyalty bursary).
* For Home/EU students: * up to £3,000 Annual Fund scholarships.
To apply for any scholarship or bursary you must already be in possession of a firm offer on the programme and have paid your course fee deposit.