Photos of university / #theuniversityofsheffield
School of Clinical Dentistry, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health
Dental professionals from all over the world come to Sheffield for masters courses that enhance their careers. The 2008 Research Assessment Exercise places us fourth in the UK for research.
About the course
2 years full time
This course teaches the academic and clinical skills you need to practise orthodontics. You'll develop an evidence-based, critical approach to this specialism and to general clinical dentistry.
A focus on research skills will give you the confidence to complete future clinical or laboratory-based research programmes.
Dental professionals choose Sheffield because of our reputation for excellence. We offer a range of clinical and non-clinical courses, designed to help you develop your career in the way that you want. Many of our graduates go on to specialist dental practice, hospital practice or academic posts.
* Research Methods in Clinical Dentistry
* Principles of Clinical Management
* Current Concepts in Dentistry
* Principles of Clinical Orthodontics I and II
* Orthodontic Case Studies
* Orthodontic Clinical Practice
* Orthodontic Dissertation
* Clinical sessions
* Laboratory and typodont exercises
* Working with a number of patients, you'll get extensive practical clinical experience in the use of fixed, removable and functional appliances
* Continuous assessment
* Final examination with clinical and academic components
* Dissertation based on research project
* Presentation of selected patient records