Photos of university / #theuniversityofsheffield
School of Clinical Dentistry, Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health
Dental professionals from all over the world come to Sheffield for masters courses that enhance their careers. The 2008 Research Assessment Exercise places us fourth in the UK for research.
About the course
2 years full time
This course teaches the academic and clinical skills you need to practise paediatric dentistry. You'll develop an evidence-based and critical approach to this specialism and to general clinical dentistry.
A focus on research skills will give you the confidence to complete future clinical or laboratory-based research programmes.
Dental professionals choose Sheffield because of our reputation for excellence. We offer a range of clinical and non-clinical courses, designed to help you develop your career in the way that you want. Many of our graduates go on to specialist dental practice, hospital practice or academic posts.
* Research Methods in Clinical Dentistry
* Principles of Clinical Management
* Current Concepts in Dentistry
* Dental Public Health: foundations and theory
* Principles of Clinical Paediatric Dentistry I and II
* Paediatric Dentistry Case Studies
* Paediatric Dentistry Dissertation
* Paediatric Dentistry Clinical Practice
* Clinical Management
* Behaviour Management
* Development Disorders
* Research Methodology
* Clinical sessions
* You'll be allocated a number of patients for practical clinical experience
* Parts of the course are taught with other disciplines
* Continuous assessment
* Final examination with clinical and academic components
* Dissertation based on a research project
* Presentation of selected patients