Photos of university / #qataruniversity
The mission of the Ph.D. program in Business Administration is, “to prepare graduate students to become effective university teachers and research scholars or senior researchers who significantly make a difference in Qatar and beyond.” The Ph.D. program will help in providing well-prepared educators, business researchers, and professional contributors to the society who are empowered with the latest knowledge, skills, and tools. The program achieves its objectives through rigorous teaching and research that contribute to the advancement of knowledge and practice. The Ph.D. in Business Administration program is AACSB accredited.
The Ph.D. program aims to serve five disciplines:
- Information Systems
The expectations from this program are to train and prepare the Ph.D. candidates, through coursework and research activities, to be effective educators and talented researchers.
Applications are considered for Fall semester admission only. The application deadline is available in Qatar University Application Timeline. For full consideration, all materials must be uploaded through Qatar University website by the specified deadline. All applicants to the Ph.D. degree in Business Administration program who meet the following minimum criteria will be considered for admission to the College of Business and Economics (Qatar University):
- Completed a Master’s degree in Business Administration or in Business related field (*see remark below) from a university accredited by an international accrediting association or by the Ministry of Higher Education or equivalent authority in that country with a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3 over 4.
- An acceptable score on the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) is required. In some cases, scores from the Graduate Records Examination (GRE) may be substituted. The minimum score will be determined based on the pool of applicants. The test has to be taken within 2 years prior to the start of the intended semester of admission.
- Achieved a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based TOEFL or equivalent test taken within 2 years of the start of the intended semester of admission, OR earned a previous degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a program where English was the language of instruction.
- A satisfactory performance in the personal interview .
- Submit a statement of purpose a document of 10 to 12 pages describing the research question to be tackled by the candidate. The documents should include an introduction, literature review, research question, research methodology and references. (Proposal Guidelines)
- Make a presentation of the research question during the personal interview in the front of the selection committee.
These admission criteria are in concordance with Qatar University Policies related to Graduate Studies.
*Remark: Applicants holding a non-Business Master degree (it has to be in a Business Administration related field) must successfully complete the following three foundation courses: a) Introduction to Management (MAGT 501), b) Introduction to Accounting (ACCT 501), and c) Introduction to Finance (FIN 501) with a minimum grade of B in each foundation course.