Photos of university / #umncrookston
The Psychology curriculum focuses on understanding and applying the scientific method to the problems of the behavioral sciences and of individual and social human behavior. The courses meet the needs of liberal arts students, those entering the helping professions after graduation, as well students who want to continue on and specialize in one of the fields of psychology at the graduate level. Students work closely with faculty advisors to develop a curriculum that is ideally suited to their goals.
The Psychology major starts with three courses that introduce the field and cover the fundamentals of methods and statistics. From there, students make their class selections from groups of related courses in the five areas of Learning and Cognition, Biological and Comparative Psychology, Personality and Clinical Psychology, Developmental Psychology, and Social and Applied Psychology. An advanced seminar and electives fill out the coursework in the major.
For the Psychology minor, students start with the same three introductory courses taken by majors. They then take one course in at least four of the five areas as majors, and sufficient electives to earn 30 total credits in the Discipline.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline March 15 Tuition fee
- USD 11720 Year (International)
Duration full-time 48 months Languages Take an IELTS test
The psychology curriculum focuses on understanding scientific methods and applying them to the problems of the behavioral sciences and individual and social human behavior. It provides students with basic methodological skills, practice in applying these skills, and an introduction to core areas of psychology. Courses meet the needs of liberal arts students, as well as students planning to specialize in one of the fields of psychology at the graduate level.Objectives:
- awareness of ethical issues in psychology
- awareness of the range of knowledge in psychology
- competency in translating behavioral questions into the terms of scientific inquiry
- competency in reading and critically synthesizing the technical literature in psychology
- competency in quantifying and statistically analyzing behavior
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 5.5 TOEFL paper-based test score : 550 TOEFL iBT® test : 79
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test.
To apply, your high school transcript should include the following:
- Four (4) years of English;
- Four (4) years of math including one year each of elementary algebra, intermediate algebra, and geometry;
- Three (3) years of science with one year each of biological and physical science;
- Three (3) years of social studies, including United States history;*
- Two (2) years of a single second language.*
*Applicants missing this requirement will not be denied admission if they are otherwise admissible.
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.