Photos of university / #yasaruniv
The basic goal of the program is to create a forum where students can obtain and use advanced knowledge about the Turkish Legal System with special emphasis on such Administrative Law in public context, Constitutional Law and Human Rights Law issues which are particularly relevant for community administration and social organizations, in addition to advanced professional knowledge, a scientific legal approach and legal research methods.
The curriculum is structured to provide students not only with knowledge in such traditional core areas as Constitutional Law, Administrative Law, Human Rights Law, Social Security Law and Criminal Law, but also with basic professional information in other fields requiring an international perspective, such as European Union Law, International Law.
Key Learning Outcomes
Upon the successful completion of this programme, the student will able
- To identify the fundamental notions of public law and apply them to complex set of facts, where necessary in unpredictable situations relevant public thereto.
- To have and use advanced knowledge about the Turkish legal system with special emphasis on such administrative law in public context, constitutional law and human rights law issues which are particularly relevant for community administration and social organizations.
- To analyze materials pertaining to Turkish Public Law and Human Rights Law, which are complex and technical.
- To identify and use the most appropriate methods for investigating and approaching the study of public law in a systematic way.
- To identify and analyze the rights and duties of states, individuals, private actors, non-governmental organizations and international organizations.
- To employ tools to analyze competing and often ideological points of view using empirical techniques and statistical inference as a key to creating better public policy based on evidence.
- To develop and present logical and reasoned arguments in order to justify conclusions that formulated.
- To investigate and analyze jurisprudential and constitutional foundations of regulatory policy and the administrative process.
- To demonstrate knowledge of the EU Public Law.
- To reflect and use the theoretical knowledge that gained duing education to professional life.
GRADUATE SCHOOL OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
MASTER OF LAWS IN PUBLIC LAW
MASTERS WITH THESIS(TURKISH) Undergraduate Program
- METHODOLOGY OF LAW
- ELECTIVE COURSE
- ELECTIVE COURSE
- PROTECTION OF FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS
- GENERAL THEORY OF CRIME
- INTERVENTION TO FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS IN THE CRIMINAL PROCEDURE LAW
- EUROPEAN CONVENTION ON HUMAN RIGHTS
- CROSS EXAMMINATION IN CRIMINAL PROCEDURE LAW
- REFUGEE LAW
- COMMERCIAL CRIMINAL LAW
- TRANSBOUNDARY WATERS
- PENAL SANCTION SYSTEM IN NEW TURKISH CRIMINAL CODE
- PRACTICES OF ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURE
- LEGAL REMEDIES IN CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
- THEORY OF CRIMINAL SANCTIONS
- LAW OF POLITICAL PARTIES
- CONTEMPORARY ISSUES IN INTERNATIONAL LAW
- CRIMINAL LABOR LAW
- ECONOMIC ADMINISTRATIVE LAW
- BUILDING LAW
- RULES OF SPECIAL INVESTIGATION IN CRIMINAL PROCEDURE LAW
- WORLD COMMERCIAL LAW
Qualification Requirements and Regulations
Second Cycle, LLM in Public Law is awarded to students who have scored a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of not less than 2.70 / 4.00, submitted his/her dissertation / graduation project successfully and have completed all the courses (120 ECTS ) with at least a letter grade of C+ or S in the program.
Undergraduate students enrolled at Yasar University are eligible for scholarships based on their academic performance. Any student, who has completed the first academic year and achieved a grade point average of above 2.30 out of 4.00, will be eligible to apply for an academic scholarship. Within the quota determined, scholarships for the following academic year, will be awarded on a 100%, 50% and 25% basis. The scholarship will continue as long as the students grades are maintained.
Yasar University offers Sports Scholarships to successful athletes playing in National teams. This year, scholarships of 100%, 50% and 25% will be offered to athletes in below fields: Tennis, Table Tennis, Archery, Athletics, Chess, Fencing, Gymnastics, Swimming and Triathlon Applications for Sports Scholarship are taken during May.
Turkish Government Scholarships:
Some international students may also be eligible for scholarships sponsored by the Turkish government.