Photos of university / #tu.muenchen
Radiation Biology is an interdisciplinary field of research , integrating physical, biological and medical sciences. This will be reflected in the spectrum of undergraduate students who study the TUM Master of Science programme “Radiation Biology” as well as in the range of taught modules. Radiation biology is a science with a strong outlook in application and translation. The Master programme will have one-third of the total teaching time dedicated to practical work in the laboratory and research internships, as well as a final semester dedicated to a laboratory research project in a leading European radiation research center.
Semester 1 and 2 (1st year)
Semester 1 and 2 cover the foundations of Radiation Biology; each semester consists of 3 modules (6 Credits each). The modules are supplemented by research practical work and research internships, where students are placed for several weeks with scientists working in experimental radiation biology.
Semester 3 and 4 (2nd year)
In Semester 3 two out of three alternative modules (12 Credits each) can be selected for specialization into different areas of radiobiological research (clinical radiation biology, basic radiation biology and radiological protection). In the module “research management” (6 Credits) students will prepare their 6-month research project in the format of a grant application. The research project (30 Credits) in semester 4 will complete the MScstudy programme and may be conducted in one of the affiliated Munich research organizations or within a European laboratory.
- Human Biology
- Radiation protection, medical applications of radiation
- Molecular biology of the cell
- Radiation physics, dosimetry
- Radiation effects in cells and tissues
- Molecular Radiation Biology
- Translational Research in Radiation Oncology
- Advanced Molecular Radiation Biology
- Advanced Radiation Protection Research
- Laboratory rotation practicals
- Degree certificate and Diploma or Subject and grade transcript of studies (certified copy)
- Complete and current Résumé (CV)
- Letter of Motivation
- Passport (copy)
- Most current photo (as for ID)
- Proof of English language proficiency (certified copy)