Photos of university / #imperialcollege
Designed for recent graduates with a good quantitative undergraduate degree and a highly analytical mind, the one-year MSc Risk Management & Financial Engineering programme equips students with the cutting-edge risk management tools and strategies utilised by world-leading financial firms.
The School is partnered with PRMIA (the Professional Risk Managers’ International Association), offering students on this programme the opportunity to attend PRMIA events, have access to their resources and benefit from considerable discounts on PRMIA exams.
This programme comprises nine or ten taught modules and an end of year project. Six of the modules are core courses and are taken during the first two terms. The three or four elective modules are taken during the spring and summer terms.
You will devote the summer to the completion of the project. Students can either opt to pursue a traditional research project (10,000 words) OR an 'Applied Financial Research' report (3,000 words), together with an additional elective.
- Online pre-study courses and September Foundation courses
- Financial statistics
- Advanced Financial Statistics
- Stochastic Calculus
- Risk Management
- Financial Engineering
- Investments and Portfolio Management
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Advanced Investments
- Banking, Computational Finance with C++
- Credit risk
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Fixed-Income securities
- General Insurance
- Hedge Funds
- International Finance
- Life Insurance
- Numerical Finance
- Private Equity and Entrepreneurial Finance
- Venture Capital Finance and Innovation
- Structured Credit and Equity Products
- Behavioural Investment Management
- Advanced Options Theory
Normally a UK Honours degree at 2:1 or equivalent in a highly quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Engineering, Science or Economics.
All candidates must demonstrate a minimum level of English language proficiency for admission to the College.
For admission to this course, you must achieve the higher College requirement in the appropriate English language qualification.
Imperial College Business School is offering a number of £10,000 scholarships based on academic excellence, across all Master’s programmes in 2015/2016.
To qualify for a scholarship you must:
- Have demonstrated excellent academic performance in your previous degree(s)
- Have submitted an outstanding and well-rounded application
- Have applied by the required deadline – please see below for further information
Please note: We do not accept scholarship applications from students who have not yet been made an offer of a place at Imperial College Business School.
Scholarship holders will be expected to carry out ambassadorial duties and support the Marketing and Alumni teams at the Business School.
1. Apply to the programmeStudents who wish to be considered for a scholarship must apply to the programme by 3 March 2015. Anyone applying to the programme after this date will be unable to apply for a scholarship.
2. First stage of scholarship selectionStudents who are successful in the first stage of the scholarship selection process will be notified of their eligibility in their decision email from the School.
3. Notification of successful scholarship recipientsSuccessful scholarship applicants will be notified of the decision via email by 10 April 2015.