Photos of university / #tu.muenchen
The Master in Robotics, Cognition, Intelligence is open to students seeking an outstanding education at the interface between mechanical and electrical engineering, and computer science.
Future engineering will be largely dominated by designing very complex perception-action systems featuring a variety of different sensors, interacting reasoning modules and actuators, resulting in complex cognitive skills and multimodal interaction capabilities. The challenge will be to design these systems in such a way that they can handle tasks in a flexible way, adapt to users needs, are affordable and reasonably easy to instruct.
It is the purpose of this Master course on “Robotics, Cognition, Intelligence” not only to provide students with the necessary basic knowledge in all underlying scientific areas, but also to train them in the practical design of such systems using a variety of real technical platforms (including all kinds of different robots) available at TUM.
• Computer vision and machine learning
• Controlling autonomous systems
• Robot motion planning
• Image understanding
• Artificial intelligence
- Online application
- personal statement explaining why you have chosen this master’s program and TUM specifically (max. 2 pages)
- your CV/résumé
- an essay of approx. 1,000 words in German or English on a specified topic
- a passport photo
- copy of your bachelor's degree certificate, including a list of courses and grades OR an official transcript of records as a notarized photocopy
- proof of your English and/or German language proficiency
- certificates from professional training or additional qualifications related to the program
- a copy of your passport
- health insurance card