Photos of university / #bournemouthuni
Who should do this course?
- This course is designed to suit both school / college leavers and mature students who wish to explore their creative voice and prepare themselves for new career opportunities in the writing industry
- This scriptwriting course is creative, dynamic and very inclusive, and encourages its students to explore both themselves and the world that they live in through telling stories for the screen
What can I do next?
- Scriptwriting graduates emerge with not only the ability to write high quality film and television scripts - short films, feature films, television drama series, television drama serials, television single dramas, sketches and sitcoms, but with a thorough awareness of the commercial and contextual issues surrounding the industry that wish to enter
- Many of our graduates go on to study a Postgraduate course at BU
Tell me more
This scriptwriting degree course is a highly focused and unique training ground in creating what is the very foundation of film and television fiction - the script. Scripts for film and television feed the industry and, ultimately, dictate its creative direction.
Students actively submit their work to competitions, and recent successes include winners and shortlistings with the BBC, Channel 4, the Sir Peter Ustinov Television Scriptwriting Award, and The London Screenwriters' Festival.
Students on the course also work collaboratively with students on other courses within the Framework (Interactive Media, Radio, Television Production), giving them opportunities to see their work made (short films, webisodes, radio podcasts etc.) and form creative partnerships which may be used to forge career opportunities.
Detailed Course FactsTuition fee
- EUR 10603 Year (EEA)
- EUR 14727 Year (International)
For 2014 entry:
- UK/EU/Channel Islands: £9,000
- International (non-EU): £12,500
To view the course content please visit the course profile on our website.
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6.5
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
The entry requirements for this course are 280 to 300 tariff points from 3 A-levels, or equivalent qualifications. BTEC Extended Diploma: DDM.
English Language, Drama or any subject with creative content.
This course does not accept A-level General Studies.
This course requires a minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent at grades A* to C, including Maths and English.
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Access Bursary
Bursary for UK students all subjects where the variable tuition fee rate is payable.
- Alumni Bursary
Alumni Bursary for UK Undergraduate students
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Bournemouth University.
For fees and funding information, please visit our website.
This course is recognised by Creative Skillset and carries the Creative Skillset Tick which is accredited to courses best suited to prepare for a Creative Industries career.