Photos of university / #hkbaptistu
The Programme is designed to accomplish the following objectives:
- to provide students with a critical understanding of contemporary China from political, historical, economic, geographical and sociological perspectives;
- to sharpen students’ awareness of the complex relationships of historical, economic, geographical, political, and sociological factors in China through a multidisciplinary approach; and
- to enhance students’ understanding of the processes of change which will shape future relationship between Hong Kong, the rest of China, and the World.
|Core Course||3 units|
|Advanced China Studies*||3 units|
|Concentration/Elective Courses||24 units|
|Each student is required to take THREE courses from ONE of the
groups as the major Concentration. In addition, students
have to choose FIVE elective courses from the other three
Concentrations/Fields. Project is an elective course with prerequisite.
- should hold a bachelor’s degree, or qualification of equivalent standard from another university or comparable institution;
- with a background in social sciences and/or humanities will be given preference.
Language Proficiency Requirement
Applicants should meet the English proficiency requirement. Applicants should have a degree from a university in Hong Kong or an English-speaking country; or submit one of the following original score reports/certificates for assessment:
- TOEFL (minimum score: 550 (paper-based); 79 (internet-based); or
- IELTS (academic): band score of 6.5 or above; or
- College English Test (CET 6): 450 or above
The Government offers financial assistance in the form of non-means-tested loan to all students. The beneficiaries are expected to repay their loans within a specified period after graduation.
Scholarships are bestowed upon selected recipients including new students on the basis of academic merits and other criteria stipulated by the donors.