Photos of university
This program aims to train "highly educated, internationalized engineers" having a wide spectrum of technical knowledge from fundamentals to their applications. Degree recipients in this program are expected to participate as leaders in international projects such as overseas deployments by Japanese companies, development projects by international organizations with creative and innovative manners in the related fields. This program consists of six special courses providing a platform for engineering relevant to overseas deployment and development projects. Students enrolled in each special course learn specialized subjects and the others, in addition to liberal arts including Japanese language and culture. Furthermore, students take internship program primarily in domestic companies. The students will be educated in Integrated Doctoral Education Program, in which they are expected to study from Master's to Doctoral Education Programs continuously for the both degrees.
All lectures offered in this program are given in English. The students can learn the following subjects: 1) specialized subjects in the enrolled course, 2) subjects in the other courses relevant to the specialty, 3) common subjects in engineering, and 4) public subjects, such as Japanese language and Japanese cultures. Beside the above subjects, the students are required to take part in Off-Campus Project, that is, internship program primarily in domestic companies.
- Sustainable Development and Integrated Management Approach
- Principles of International Co-existence
- Technical Management for Sustainable Engineering
- Sustainable Engineering Technology
- Degradation of Infrastructure
- Science of Materials
- Chemical Engineering for Advanced Materials and Chemicals Processing I
- Energy Systems and Environment
- Nanomaterials Science
- Communication Skill in Japanese Industry I
- Communication Skill in Japanese Industry II
- International Research Program 1A,1B
- International Research Program 2A,2B
- International Research Program 3A,3B
Application Fee ¥30,000(JPY)
Admission Fee ¥282,000 (JPY)
- Application Form (attached form: original, no photocopies)
- Field of Study and Study Program [Research Proposal] (attached form)
- Official Academic Transcripts from both undergraduate and graduate schools (originals or certified copies)
- Certificate of Graduation or Expected Graduation from both undergraduate and graduate schools (originals or certified copies) If the applicant graduated or is graduating early or has skipped a grade or year, please submit an official document or letter issued by the school indicating such fact.
- Summary of Thesis or Research (free format): 1)For applicants to the Master's or Integrated Doctoral Education Programs: an outline of your study or research in your undergraduate course. 2)For applicants to the Doctoral Program: a summary of your thesis or, if the applicant has not written a Master's thesis, please submit a summary of the Master's Program research.[Applicants for the Doctoral Program under eligibility condition B (3) are not required to submit this.]
- English Proficiency Test Score Report (original, no photocopies)
- Recommendation Letter from the Dean or equivalent official of the applicant's home university for both undergraduate and graduate education (where relevant) addressed to the President of Tokyo Institute of Technology(free format) (original, no photocopies).These letters must be issued from the university the applicant attended for full time studyю
- Evaluation Sheet with Recommendation (in a single document) from a supervisor or head of department or similar official of the last university attended to verify the potential of the applicant (attached form) (original, no photocopies)
- Consent of a Tokyo Institute of Technology Faculty Member. Attach a printout of email correspondence or any other proof to verify that a Tokyo Tech faculty member has consented to be the applicant's academic supervisor during the intended period of study at Tokyo Tech.
- Applicant's Passport(one photocopy of the page or pages with the applicant's name, nationality, date of birth and photo)
N.B. Documents No.3 & 4: Original documents written in a language other than English or Japanese must be accompanied by a certified English or Japanese translation. Translations should be certified by a public institution or the issuing university.
The top ten applicants who have applied under Eligibility (A) will be awarded the MEXT scholarship for four years.
- Students who have been accepted for a MEXT Scholarship will not be required to pay the application, admission, or tuition fees.
- The MEXT scholarship provides a monthly stipend of JPY 120,000 for undergraduate students. The amount of the stipend is subject to change in accordance with the directives of the MEXT scholarship program.
- In accordance with MEXT regulations, students will be provided with an economy class air ticket from the international airport closest to their place of residence in their country of nationality to Narita or Haneda International Airport.
NOTE:The applicant will be required to withdraw from the MEXT scholarship if he/she is applying for other MEXT scholarships or a scholarship offered by the Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO).
Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO)
Applicants who have applied under Eligibility (A) who will enroll in Tokyo Tech under a scholarship other than those offered by MEXT, and applicants who have applied under Eligibility (B) who do not reside in Japan may apply for a Monbukagakusho Honors Scholarship for Privately Financed International Students awarded by JASSO.
Please note that individuals who have been granted the above scholarship cannot apply to receive other scholarships at the same time.
The monthly stipend is JPY 48,000, which is subject to change in accordance with JASSO's directives. This scholarship will be offered from April 2017 to March 2018. But still, applicants will be required to pay the application, admission, and tuition fees even when they are accepted to this scholarship.