The Computer Engineering Department at Abdullah Gul University is established in 2014 within the Faculty of Engineering. The department offers a comprehensive education and research facilities to meet the ever increasing demands of today’s information and technology driven society. With this motivation, we provide our students a wide range of knowledge, skills and opportunities that will enable them to be successful engineers throughout their careers.
The graduates of the Computer Engineering Department will be able to:
1. Develop innovative solutions and technologies to solve global issues,
2. Work in the top level engineering and research and development projects at the national and international institutions,
3. Assume executive, leadership, and entrepreneurial roles in their careers.
Program Learning Outcomes
Cultivated under the learner-focused model of AGU, the graduates of the Computer Engineering Department will be able to:
1. Apply knowledge of mathematics and natural sciences towards engineering problems,
2. Design and perform experiments to analyze and interpret data,
3. Identify, formulate and solve engineering problems,
4. Design a component, process, system, or product to meet desired needs under realistic constraints and conditions, addressing economic, environmental, sustainability, producibility, ethical, social, political, health and security issues,
5. Function in multi-disciplinary teams,
6. Communicate effectively in Turkish and English,
7. Recognize the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning,
8. Recognize and understand professional and ethical responsibilities,
9. Understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context,
10. Develop a knowledge of contemporary issues.
11. Use techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice,
12. Gain knowledge of discrete mathematics, probability and statistics, including applications appropriate to computer engineering,
13. Apply principles of computer science theory, including data structures, algorithms and complexity, and software engineering in the construction of software and hardware systems in a way demonstrating comprehension of the tradeoffs involved in design choice,
14. Gain knowledge of the design and operation of state of the art computer systems, as well as digital circuit design, computer architecture, operating systems, computer and communication networks, and database systems,
15. Understand project management, risk management, and change management concepts; as well as awareness of the importance of innovation and entrepreneurship for sustainable economic development.
Find the latest curriculum and course descriptions under: http://cmp.agu.edu.tr/cmp-undergraduate-curriculum
The Abdullah Gül University applies country-specific eligibility criteria for acceptance into its undegrraduate programs. You can find our full list of accepted certificates and diplomas per country and minimum requirements for each.
But we recommend all candidates to apply with international certificates such as the SAT, ACT, IB, AP, GCE A- or AS-Levels etc. As well as the TOEFL certificate as proof of English proficiency, in order to increase their chances of acceptance.
The following documents are required for applications to AGU's Graduate programs:
* Requested in interviews from the candidates who apply for graduate programs of Architecture.
Candidates may apply with their national High School diploma and/or University Entrance Exam. However, we strongly recommend all candidates to apply with international exams such as the SAT, ACT, IB, AP, GCE A- or AS-Levels, in order to increase their chances of acceptance to the University.
You can find our country-specific list of accepted exams and minimum requirements for each here: http://intoffice.agu.edu.tr/apply-to-agu
Undergraduate applicants should provide the following documents:
a. Highschool Diploma
b. Valid Passport (ID and Validity Date pages)
c. Official ID Photo
d. Last 2 years High School/University Transcripts
e. TOEFL certificate (Not mandatory but strongly recommended. Please send your results via AGU's institutional (DI) code:B426)
f. Others if applicable (Recommendation letters, Awards, Certificates, Medals..)
a) AGU TUITION SCHOLARSHIPS*
AGU wants to put its students in the best possible position to succeed in their studies, by offering the following scholarship to the very best of its newly accepted first year students:
TUITION SCHOLARSHIPS ̶ No Tuition fees will be charged for the entirety of the student's undergraduate studies at AGU (the $800 yearly tuition fee is fully waived and will be deducted from the original Fee Package)
Criteria for the selection of Scholarship awardees include:
International Exams (e.g. SAT, ACT, GCE A-Levels, IB)
High School results
English Proficiency (TOEFL)
Statement of Purpose
These scholarships are awarded to Faculty students only and will cover the entire duration of the program
Scholarship awardees are still required to pay the pre-registration deposit, which corresponds to their yearly housing fee within 7 days of acceptance to AGU in order to secure their position a the University.
A scholarship will automatically be suspended if the awardee does not maintain his/her CGPA above 2.0.
The decision to award scholarships is at the discretion of the AGU Foreign Student Examination Placement and Evaluation Commission.
b) AGU TOP ACHIEVER SCHOLARSHIP*
Every year, among AGU’s international student body, the undergraduate full Faculty student*** with the best CGPA (all years combined) will be awarded a full tuition scholarship**** for the the year following his/her achievement. This scholarship is to be renewed or awarded to another student based on each year’s CGPA results.
*Note: the decision to award any of these scholarship opportunities each year remains at the discretion of the Abdullah Gül University and the AGU International Student Selection Committee.
***Students having spent no time at the AGU School of Languages prior to starting their Faculty courses
****If the student with the best CGPA already benefits from a Tuition Scholarship from AGU, the Top Achiever Scholarship will be transferred to the student with the second highest CGPA result.
More information can be found on the official program website under: http://cmp.agu.edu.tr/