Photos of university / #sabanci_university
The fundamental tenet of computer science and engineering is to employ this infinitely malleable building block, the computer, in building not just systems employing a combination of hardware and software for bringing solutions to real-world problems but also in imagining the yet unimaginable and in inventing the future.
The undergraduate Computer Science and Engineering program (CS) offers a state-of-the-art curriculum supported by modern computational facilities linked to the external world via the Internet. Students are encouraged to build their programs of study within the discipline and to familiarize themselves with at least one of the other six FENS programs through relevant electives. Similarly, students in any of the other six programs are encouraged to take courses from Computer Science and Engineering in order to master the computational tools of their trade.Opportunities for employment after graduation are extremely high, given that every industry and business has to keep up with the rapidly changing computing and communication facilities offered and demanded by the global market.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline 12 August Tuition fee
- EUR 5950 Year (EEA)
- EUR 5950 Year (Non-EEA)
18,000 TRY per year.Start date September 2015 Credits (ECTS) 240 ECTS
Duration full-time 48 months Languages Take an IELTS test
SUMMARY OF DEGREE REQUIREMENTS: Min. Credits, Min. Courses
- University Courses 46
- Required Courses 4, 3
- Core Electives 51
- Area Electives 15
- Free Electives 9
- Faculty Courses: Min. courses 5
Which consist of 18 courses and 46 credits must be completed. (Two HUM coded courses are required.)Course Name Credit Faculty MJC 100 Majors: Informative Course 0 FASS CIP 101 Civic Involvement Projects I 0 CIAD ENG 101 Freshman English I 3 FDY MATH 101 Calculus I 3 FENS NS 101 Science of Nature I 4 FENS SPS 101 Humanity and Society I 3 FASS TLL 101 Turkish Language and Literature I 2 FDY ENG 102 Freshman English II 3 FDY MATH 102 Calculus II 3 FENS NS 102 Science of Nature II 4 FENS PROJ 102 Project Course 3 FENS SPS 102 Humanity and Society II 3 FASS TLL 102 Turkish Language and Literature II 2 FDY HIST 191 Principles of Atatürk and the History of the Turkish Revolution I 2 FASS HIST 192 Principles of Atatürk and the History of the Turkish Revolution II 2 FASS HUM 201 Major Works of Literature - Myths and Archetypes 3 FASS HUM 202 Major Works of Western Art 3 FASS HUM 203 Major Works of Ottoman Culture 3 FASS HUM 204 Major Works of Classical Music 3 FASS HUM 205 Major Works of the Cinema 3 FASS HUM 206 Major Works of Drama 3 FASS HUM 211 Major Works of Literature - The Fantastic 3 FASS HUM 212 Major Works of Modern Art 3 FASS HUM 214 Major Works of the Opera 3 FASS HUM 221 Major Works of Literature: The Classical Novel 3 FASS HUM 222 Major Works in Architecture 3 FASS HUM 224 Major Works of 20th Century Music 3 FASS HUM 231 Major Works in Poetry 3 FASS HUM 232 Major Works of Eastern Art 3 FASS HUM 241 Major Works in Short Fiction 3 FASS HUM 251 Major Works in Literature : Love 3 FASS SPS 303 Law and Ethics 3 FASS
Required CoursesCourse Name Credit Faculty * CS 201 Introduction to Computing 3 FENS CS 204 Advanced Programming 3 FENS * CS 300 Data Structures 3 FENS ENS 491 Graduation Project (Design) 1 FENS ENS 492 Graduation Project (Implementation) 3 FENS PROJ 302 Summer Project 0 FENS
Minimum 42 credits from the pool belowCourse Name Credit Faculty BIO 310 Introduction to Bioinformatics 3 FENS CS 301 Algorithms 3 FENS CS 302 Formal Languages and Automata Theory 3 FENS CS 303 Logic and Digital System Design 4 FENS CS 305 Programming Languages 3 FENS CS 306 Database Systems 3 FENS CS 307 Operating Systems 3 FENS CS 308 Software Engineering 4 FENS CS 400 Logic in Computer Science 3 FENS CS 401 Computer Architectures 4 FENS CS 402 Compiler Design 3 FENS CS 403 Distributed Systems 3 FENS CS 404 Artificial Intelligence 3 FENS CS 405 Computer Graphics 3 FENS CS 406 Parallel Computing 3 FENS CS 407 Theory of Computation 3 FENS CS 408 Computer Networks 3 FENS CS 412 Machine Learning 3 FENS CS 432 Computer and Network Security 3 FENS EL 308 Microcomputer Based System Design 4 FENS * ENS 206 Systems Modeling and Control 3 FENS * ENS 210 Computational Biology 3 FENS * ENS 211 Signals 3 FENS * MATH 201 Linear Algebra 3 FENS * MATH 203 Introduction to Probability 3 FENS * MATH 204 Discrete Mathematics 3 FENS MATH 306 Statistical Modelling 3 FENS ME 403 Introduction to Robotics 3 FENS TE 407 Computer Vision 4 FENS
Minimum 15 credits of courses offered by FENS (including Core Electives Courses; excluding University Courses)
Minimum 9 credits of courses offered by FASS & SOM (excluding "University Courses")
In line with the conditions stated by the Faculties, a total of at least 5 courses should be completed from FENS Faculty Courses and/or FASS Faculty Courses. At least 2 of these courses must be MATH coded. In addition, at least 3 of these courses must be from the pool of FENS Faculty Courses. These courses may have been taken while fulfilling the other degree requirements for the program.
* Faculty Courses
**Courses in more than one areas are listed in the area according to order of appearence in Summary of Degree Requirements list. That is, if a course is both area elective and core elective,then it is listed in core elective courses list.
***Graduate courses are not listed in undergraduate area requirements even if they are among them.
****Since graduation requirements may change dependent to the enrollment year to the University, we advise our students who enrolled at SU in previous years and still continue their education, to track their graduation requirements completion via Information System - Degree Evaluation.
International Students who are in the last year of high school or graduated from a school equivalent to Turkish high schools may apply to undergraduate programs at Sabanci University.
Students who have graduated from any institution that is equivalent to Turkish high-schools and those who meet the application criteria below may apply for the undergraduate programs at the Middle East Technical University.
a) On the condition that they have graduated or expecting graduation from a high-school;
1) international students,
2) those holding Turkish citizenship by birth and renounced their Turkish citizenship, and their children under 18 who are listed in the renouncement document but documenting their certification for rights mentioned in the Turkish Citizenship Law, no: 5901, Item 7, stating that Anyone born, either in Turkey or abroad, in the marriage of a Turkish mother or father, is a Turkish citizen. Candidates who wish to apply within the applications from abroad category should examine the Turkish Citizenship Law.
3) those who hold citizenship of other countries by birth and have gained the citizenship of The Republic of Turkey / those who hold dual-citizenship,
4) those who hold the citizenship of The Republic of Turkey and have completed their high school education in another country, including those who have completed their high school education in a Turkish institution in another country. (Those who have completed their high school education in The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus are exempt from this rule.)
5) those who hold the citizenship of The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, who reside in The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus and who have completed their secondary education in a GCE AL system, as well as those who have registered and completed their secondary education in a GCE AL system abroad between 2005-2010,
1) who hold the a citizenship of The Republic of Turkey, and have completed their secondary education in Turkey or in The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus,
2) who hold the a citizenship of The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (except for those who have completed their secondary education in a GCE AL system in TRNC, and those who have registered and completed their secondary education in a GCE AL system abroad between 2005-2010),
3) who hold a dual citizenship, one of which is a citizenship of The Republic of Turkey by birth, as stated in article (a) item.2 above. (except for those who have completed their high school education in another country other than The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus/ those who have completed their high school education in a Turkish institution in another country other than The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus),
4) who hold a dual citizenship, one of which is a citizenship of The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (except for those who have completed their secondary education in a GCE AL system in TRNC, and those who have registered and completed their secondary education in a GCE AL system abroad between 2005-2010),
5) those who hold a citizenship of The Republic of Turkey or a dual citizenship, one of which is the a citizenship of The Republic of Turkey by birth, as stated in article a item.2 above, and who have completed their secondary education at institutions within an embassy or in other foreign institutions in Turkey,
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Sabanci University.
There is always a possibility of earning scholarships for international students in Sabanci University. However we have to remind you that there are limited numbers of scholarships in all levels and competition is very keen. Also it is not based on financial aid or citizenship but academic merit! Just after you complete your application our scholarships committee will evaluate your application and respond you back. Additionally please note that there is a chance to request scholarships when you complete at least two semesters in SU with outstanding grades.
The higher scores from the required exams and the higher GPA scores students possess, the higher amounts of scholarships you may get while you are being admitted to the Sabanci University. Once you are granted a scholarship during the admittance, it goes on for your whole education unless you fail to meet the criteria of the scholarship.
While filling out the application form, you can fill in the related area to apply for scholarship.
Please see the scholarship opportunities:
Full Annual Tuition (2013-14)$16,000;
- 100% Scholarship: Remaining Tuition $0
- 50% Scholarship: Remaining Tuition $8000
- 25% Scholarship: Remaining Tuition $12000