Photos of university / #epflcampus
This program will train excellent scientists who will become top professionals in their own specific domain and drive industrial, scientific, and market innovation. Graduates will lead research and development teams in industry, which critically depends on information technology. Strong reasoning skills wll be developed to make successful decisions in key management and marketing positions.
Our graduates traditionally enjoy a very wide range of employment opportunities : from the banking industry to companies developing software and hardware, from consulting to all areas of human endeavor where information technology is a critical component. Employers include large global corporations as well as small companies and international and local start-ups. The Master also paves the way for a research career at EPFL or in any top university or research center in the world.
The program includes a compulsory 8-week to 6-month internship, which can be combined with the Master’s thesis. Students may also choose to do a 120 ECTS program by adding 30 ECTS either with a Specialization or a Minor. Students may choose a 30 ECTS Specialization in:
A Foundations of Software
B Signals, Images, and Interfaces
F Computer Engineering-SP
G Service Science HSoftware Systems
I Information security
Or a 30 ECTS Minor in:
• Biomedical Technologies
• Space Technologies
• Management, Technology and Entrepreneurship
• Area and Cultural Studies
Other Minors may be possible, in agreement with the programs’ directors.
Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, computer science or a similar field from a reputable university. Only motivated students with excellent academic records have a good chance to be admitted. The application process is done entirely online, in French or English. Documents sent by email or fax will not be considered. The language of the program is English.
All documents and diplomas should be in English, French, German or Italian. Please join a legalized translation of all documents written in another language.
- Your resumé (curriculum vitae)
- Copy of your University degree(s) or Bachelor's degree. If you don't have your degree yet, you will bring it to the Registrar's Office upon registration at EPFL*.
- Legalized transcripts from each university you have attended.
- A statement of purpose. See hereunder for a more detailed explanation.
- Three recommendations (except holders of any EPFL Bachelor's degree applying in another fieldthan their original field and except for candidates from another Swiss university applying to a Masterin the same field of study as their Bachelor).
During the electronic application process, you will have to give the details of three referees, who will then be requested to produce recommendation letters for you directly to EPFL. See hereunder for a more detailed explanation.
- Your identity card or passport.
- For foreigners who already live in Switzerland: your residence permit.
Extra documents such as TOEFL or GRE scores, research publications or other portfolios of your previous work, are welcome but not compulsory. We will only consider documents uploaded in your online application form. (No documents sent by postal mail).