Photos of university / #universityofbristol
Our Doctorate in Education programme attracts high achieving participants interested in a wide range of aspects of teaching, learning, management and policy. It features excellent doctoral level research and specialist units taught by international researchers.
We explore different facets of the research process and contemporary educational debates as well as developing skills in research methods, theory, argumentation and evaluation skills. Students recommend studying for a Doctorate in Education at Bristol to their peers because it has helped them to develop deep understanding of real life professional issues.
This programme is taught by Bristol University staff in Hong Kong, as part of a long association with the School of Continuing and Professional Education (SCOPE) at City University of Hong Kong.
Programme structure The programme is delivered in a structure of seven intensively taught units and a 45,000-word dissertation.
* Education Policy
* Educational Assessment and Evaluation
* Globalisation, Societies and Education
* Leading for Educational Change in Organisational Settings
* Learning and Teaching in the Global University
* Learning with New Technologies
* Preparation for Dissertation
* Research Methods in Learning, Leadership and Policy
* Understanding Educational Inquiry
An upper second-class honours degree (or international equivalent); a Masters degree or equivalent qualification in Education; and at least three years appropriate professional experience.
Funding is managed through City University, Hong Kong.