Develop specialised technical knowledge in your technology field or expand your expertise in to a similar engineering area. The Guru of Engineering builds in your own existing engineering studies and comprehension, and develops your skills. Choose a specialisation from one of six alternatives: High Level Manufacturing, Civil Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Network Systems and Telecommunications or Structural Engineering. Depending upon your chosen specialisation, you are going to graduate with the knowledge and skills to pursue work as a professional engineer in a selection of subjects, including electrical power generation, safety and supply , renewable energy systems, technologies and embedded style , mechanical systems design, manufacturing systems design, social networks layout, civil engineering project management, structural engineering and structure.
Conclusion of the course can assist graduates in fulfilling eligibility criteria for membership to various heights of Engineers Australia.
- A Bachelor of Engineering or a Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) degree (minimum 4 decades of fulltime study) in an approved cognate field, or a Graduate Certificate or Graduate Bachelor of Engineering degree in an approved cognate field after on by the post-secondary Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) degree, or a qualification deemed equivalent to any of the above mentioned. Applicants with a recognised Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) degree in an approved cognate field may be eligible for advanced standing. English language requirements - adequate conclusion of one of the following: Swinburne's English for Academic Purposes (EAP 5 high level) with overall 70 percent, each of skills 65% or above
- Minimum IELTS overall band of 6.5 (Academic Module) with no individual band below 6.0
- TOEFL iBT (web-based ) minimum score of 79 with a reading band no less than 18 and writing ring no less than 20
- Pearson (PTE) minimum score of 58 (no real skills less than 50)
- every other equivalent assessment of English language proficiency. Note: A necessity for many courses, the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) can currently be done on campus in Hawthorn.