Photos of university
Our MSc in Finance has been awarded a CFA Program Partner status by CFA Institute. CFA Institute is certifying that at least 70% of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge® (CBOK®) is embedded into our MSc in Finance curriculum. Additionally, it has been included in the Financial Times 2007, 2009 and 2010 Special Report on Financial Training, along with the most renowned MSc in Finance Programs in Europe, North America and Asia.
The MSc in Finance aims at preparing aspiring and seasoned finance professionals equipped with the skills, knowledge and expertise required for a successful career in the demanding and highly rewarding world of finance. The MSc in Finance is widely acknowledged as the premier academic qualification for those interested in a career in areas such as banking, corporate finance, investment management, risk management and treasury management.
Full Time and Part Time mode: The program commences every September and is offered on a full-time (12 months) and part-time (24months) basis. All courses -for the full-time and part-time participants- are held in the evening.
Highlights of the MSc in Finance: The Core Courses provide a thorough and deep understanding of the theory and practice of modern finance, while the Specialization and the Elective Courses prepare students to become specialists in the field of financial and investment decision making. Moreover, the wide range of specialization and elective courses offers a unique competitive advantage to the Program, as it gives students the opportunity to customize the Program at their professional needs. Dissertation is optional and provides students a chance to study in depth, real world financial issues.
The Program culminates with the Security Analysis course which puts into practice the ideas, concepts and techniques that students have learned in the program to analyze and value a company. In addition, students must also attend a number of workshops and other related activities. Extensive opportunities to take courses abroad through student exchange agreements with a large network of top Business Schools worldwide.
After Completing the Program Participants should be able to:
- Comprehend qualitatively and quantitatively the core areas of finance
- Understand current trends and practices in the financial industryExcellence in teaching:
- Understand and critically evaluate the practical applications of financial theories and techniques and how they are used in the financial industry
- Apply the techniques and methods of finance to conduct independent research projects
- Display strong analytical and communication skills
- Appreciate the importance of business ethics and corporate social responsibility
Period 1 (September October)
- Financial Institutions (14 contact hours, 3 ECTS)
- Financial Markets (14 contact hours, 3 ECTS)
- Quantitative Tools in Finance (28 contact hours, 3 ECTS)
- Business and Financial Ethics & Social Responsibility (14 contact hours, 3 ECTS)
- Financial Accounting (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
Period 2 (November December)
- Corporate Finance & Valuation (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
- Global Economics Environment (28 contant hours, 6 ECTS)
- Empirical Methods in Finance (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
Period 3 (January February)
- Portfolio Management & Investments (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
- Financial Modelling (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS )
Period 4 (March April)
Specialization Courses - Choose among two streams
Corporate Treasury Stream
- Advanced Corporate Finance (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
- Corporate Treasury Management (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
- Advanced Equity Portfolio Management (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS )
- Fixed Income Analysis (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
Period 5 (May July)
- Security Analysis (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
Also, please choose 2 of the following elective courses OR submit a Dissertation:
- Financial Engineering & Risk Management (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
- Advanced Financial Accounting (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
- Management Accounting (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
- Financial Econometrics & Forecasting (28 contact hours, 6 ECTS)
ALBA Graduate Business School has always been dedicated in offering educational programs of the highest academic standards in the area of Business Administration, as well as a strong framework of personal development and social responsibility. We benchmark our strategies and processes against global norms in business education and we are driven by a commitment to meet and exceed the international standards. The continuous improvement of our academic and administrative processes, our people and faculty, our corporate culture as well as our passion for quality in education, create a stimulating environment for those that invest in ALBA Graduate Business School for their personal and professional development.
All our MBA programs are accredited from the Association of MBAs (AMBA),while both the MSc in Finance and MSc in Strategic HRM programs are EPAS (EFMD Programme Accreditation System) accredited.
These accreditations position us within a select group of business schools across the world, while they constitute another decisive step towards the accomplishment of our vision, which is to become one of the leading research-driven business schools in Europe, on the basis of excellence of teaching and intellectual impact on the business world, attracting outstanding faculty and students from all over the world.