This course offers you the opportunity to divide your studies between the complementary subjects of English and French.
In English you will examine how this international and global language is used and how we understand our world through the medium of language. Studying English Language means studying the most dynamic language on the planet. You will develop an understanding of English as a system of communication, as a means of defining the world and ourselves, as an instrument in the construction of global identities, and as a generator in the development of the mind and of society.In French you will develop high-level language skills and an awareness of major contemporary issues concerning France. With effort and enthusiasm for this expressive language, you will become proficient in communicating and translating ideas about the cultural setting that gives French a significance beyond the borders of France.
If you choose this course you will benefit from:
A year studying or working in a French-speaking country, which provides you with an international experience that many businesses are looking for when employing a graduate
Use of modern technologies, such as busuu.com and Livemocha, to maintain links with native speakers of the language that you are studying
Experienced teaching staff who bring professional or research expertise in to their teaching
Modules in French culture and society that give you specific applied language skills which will be relevant to the workplace
The opportunity to gain valuable work experience by mentoring pupils and shadowing French teachers
Detailed Course FactsTuition fee
- GBP 8586 Module (EEA)
- GBP 10950 Module (International)
This course is regularly reviewed and updated to reflect new developments and the requirements of the profession and of employers.
Your course will be based on a series of lectures, with associated seminars and practical workshop classes. In addition, your personal tutor will review and discuss your progress with you and will be available for advice.
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
- A-Levels: BCC, to include French at grade C
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma: DMM, plus A2 French at grade C or equivalent
- International Baccalaureate Diploma: 28 points to include French at Higher Level
- GCSEs: 5 GCSEs at grade A*-C including English Language, or specified equivalents
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Access Bursary
Bursary for UK students all subjects where the variable tuition fee rate is payable.
- Alumni Bursary
Alumni Bursary for UK Undergraduate students
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Coventry University.
FundingMerit Scholarship Scheme
Merit Scholarship scheme: £1,000, in year one only and based on academic performance.
- Available to all international students applying for full-time undergraduate and postgraduate programmes at Coventry University.
- Scholarships are allocated on the basis of academic merit. (Postgraduate applicants must hold 2.1 or equivalent, undergraduate applicants must hold A-levels or equivalent at grades BBC)
- There is no separate scholarship application process: all undergraduate applications from self-funded international students from any non-EU country and postgraduate applications from international, will automatically be considered for a merit award. You will not have to do anything, if you are successful you will be notified in due course by the International Office.
Occasionally, funding becomes available to enable the University, either centrally, through one of the faculties or from other sources, to offer research studentships in specified topics or fields of study.Science Without Borders
Brazilian students are able to apply for full scholarship - including tuition fees and accommodation - to study undergraduate sandwich programmes at Coventry University.Commonwealth Scholarship Scheme
The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the United Kingdom (CSC) offers opportunities to Commonwealth citizens to study in the UK, as part of the UK's contribution to the international Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan.
If you are a citizen of a developed Commonwealth country, you can apply for:
Scholarships for PhD and split-site (PhD) study
If you are a citizen of a developing Commonwealth country, you can apply for
- Scholarships for Masters, PhD, or split-site (PhD) study at UK universities
- Shared Scholarships for Masters study at selected UK universities
If you are a citizen of the Maldives, St Helena or the Seychelles, you can apply for:
- Scholarships for undergraduate study at UK universities
Ferguson Trust Scholarships are made available through the generosity of The Allan & Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust. The Trust was set up in memory of two generations of the Ferguson family to promote education, international friendship and understanding, and the promotion of world peace and development. The Trust supports people from low-income and conflict-affected regions who want to improve their knowledge of peace and reconciliation. Scholarship amounts vary and are dependent on individual circumstances and assessment.