The major in geoscience engineering is an interdisciplinary, interdepartmental, and intercollegiate major between the Department of Sciences at Rutgers-Newark and the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT). The goal of the program is to train students to combine evaluative and remedial capabilities in one degree. The program is rigorous and designed to prepare graduates for technical and management positions in industry or to continue their education in graduate studies.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline February, October Tuition fee
- USD 13683 Year (National)
- USD 27978 Year (International)
First YearFall Semester
- General Chemistry Laboratory I
- General Chemistry I
- Computers and Programming I
- English Composition I
- Calculus I
- Introductory Physics Laboratory I
- University Physics I
- Fundamentals of Engineering
- General Chemistry Laboratory II
- General Chemistry II
- English Composition II
- Calculus II
- Introductory Physics Laboratory II
- University Physics II
- NCAS arts and media core curriculum
- Planet Earth
- Planet Earth Laboratory
- Calculus III
- Probability and Statistics
- NCAS social science core curriculum
- Elementary Differential Equations
- Environmental Chemistry I
- Strength of Materials
- Strength of Materials Laboratory
- NCAS social science core curriculum
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6.5 TOEFL paper-based test score : 550 TOEFL iBT® test : 79
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
Our primary emphasis is placed on the students academic promise as demonstrated by:
- completion of required entrance subjects
- academic performance in high school or its equivalent:
- strength of academic program (number/type of academic, honors, or advanced placement courses completed)
- grades and grade trends
- weighted grade-point average(s)
- cumulative rank, when available
- SAT and/or ACT scores
- English Proficiency Examination results, when required
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey.
Rutgers uses your FAFSA to develop a financial-aid package based on your qualifications, financial need and the funds available to the university. Your package may include any or a combination of these major financial aid sources:
- Gift aid does not require repayment and is divided into three categories: grants (which recognize financial need) and scholarships and awards (which recognize academic merit, special talents, or other achievements).
- Loans must be repaid (usually after graduation) and can come from private lenders as well as federal, state and university sources.
- Work-study allows students to earn money for college expenses while gaining valuable skills - often in their intended field.
The Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. Weve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:
- Rutgers is a memberso are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeleyof the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
- More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
- Rutgers international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.