Photos of university / #aboakademi
The master programme combines latest knowledge from the fields of information systems and information studies in a unique way that gives its graduates a comprehensive and cross-disciplinary competence that covers digitalization and how it enables new ways to create knowledge, to create value to the customer, new ways to configure organizational processes, and new ways to organize industry level co-operation between organizations. Effective and efficient management of digital transformation is critical for the success of enterprises and organisations in the contemporary society.
This two-year programme prepares its graduates for challenging careers in the field of digital transformation and focuses data analytics, digital services design, business models, digital information and knowledge management and IT governance.
This two-year programme prepares its graduates for challenging careers in the field of digital transformation and focus on data analytics, digital services design, business models, digital information and knowledge management and IT governance.
Our focus is on the digital environment regarding:
- how strategy of organizations is expressed to fulfill its aims and goals
- how these are implemented in different types of organizations and in different hierarchical or functional levels of the organization
- the services of the organization
We look into how emerging as well as enabling information technologies are designed, implemented, used and what kind of effect they have on organizations and ways of doing business. We also focus on their support functions from technical, social, psychological and economic points of view.
A completed university level Bachelor’s degree with or in addition to the degree 20 ECTS in business and economics or information studies or other relevant studies.
In the statement of purpose (motivation letter), the applicant should pay attention to his/her reasons for applying to this programme.
Eligible applicants are assessed based on their academic merits (transcript of records and the evaluation of the bachelor’s thesis/other academic paper) and the motivation letter. The academic merits weight more in the assessment than the motivation letter.
Applicants to the Master’s degree programmes taught in English must always prove their knowledge of the English language and fulfill the general academic requirements.
Fee-paying students can apply for a scholarship to cover a part or the whole tuition fee.
There are three scholarship categories:
- Full Scholarship, covering the tuition fee and includes a annual scholarship to cover the student’s living expenses (6 720 €), awarded for 2 years (second year conditional)
- Tuition Fee Scholarship, covering 100 % of the tuition fee, awarded for 2 years (second year conditional)
- Tuition Fee Scholarship, covering 50 % of the tuition fee, awarded for 2 years (second year conditional)
The decision to grant a scholarship is based on
- the academic performance of the student in his/her previous studies,
- how well the applicant meets the programme requirements
- the answers the applicants have given in the application form
When applying to Åbo Akademi University, applicants can indicate on the application form their wish to apply for a scholarship. In the application form the applicants are asked to answer a set of questions related to motivation and future goals. The answers to the questions will be assessed by the scholarship committee who makes the decision on granting the scholarships. In the assessment the following is evaluated: communicative skills, academic goals and general interest in the field.
The decision on the granted scholarship is given to the applicants together with the admission letter. In order to accept the scholarship the applicant must have accepted the study entitlement offered (binding acceptance).