Photos of university / #uninorthants
The MA is designed for Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) graduates and aims to provide a means by which the continuing professional and personal needs of human resource practitioners may be met. Specifically, it aims to extend and enhance the understanding and competence gained via professional qualification and to enhance the ability of students to think strategically about management and organisational change.
This top-up course may be taken by part time study (day or evening) at the University of Northampton or by distance learning worldwide. Distance learning students are supported by a website with learning material produced by the module tutors.
The programme is designed to broaden your specialist knowledge gained at the professional level.The 'Research Methods and Dissertation' module covers the introduction to research, types of research methodology, formulating and planning a research project, data collection and analysis and presentation of research findings.
Following successful completion of the research methods element, course members undertake a dissertation related to an aspect of strategic significance for the organisation. Previous topics have been those such as:
* 'An analysis of measures to re-engage the workforce after a major restructuring and downsizing programme'
* 'An investigation of the human effects of organisational change in a merger and the role of the HR Function in influencing and supporting culture change'
* 'Alternative strategies for identifying and tackling major HR challenges in the decade ahead'
Special course features
* Converts professional qualifications into an MA
* Networking opportunities with other professionals
* Part time study in Northampton
* Distance learning world-wide supported by a dedicated website
A single module 'Dissertation and Research Methods'