Photos of university / #srhberlin
Our approach employs synergy between business administration as an academic discipline and practical application in real-life situations.
Educational organisationThe Bachelor's programme "International Hotel Management" consists of seven semesters (three and a half years). Each semester is divided into modules focusing on knowledge (basic, advanced, supplementary), methods and practical experience.
First Semester - Introduction
Introduction to business administration and industry specifications, acquisition of principles of academic and research methods, development of personal skills and foreign language expertise:
- Introduction to Business Administration
- Introduction to International Hotel Management
- Self-Management & Self-Presentation and Creative Techniques
- Languages I & II
- Introduction to Academic Writing
- Quantitative & Qualitative Research
Second Semester - Continuation
Intensification of business fundamentals, development of personal skills to be applied and transferred into real business situations at a later stage:
- Introduction to Economics
- Law I (Foundations)
- Languages III & IV
- Food and Beverage Management I
- Internship I (six weeks)
Third Semester - Preparation for "Going International"
Preparation for the international internship in the fourth semester:
- Financial & Management Accounting/Controlling
- International Marketing
- Intercultural Communication
- Law II (International Law)
- Database-driven Information Management
Fourth Semester - "Being International"
Accumulation of intercultural experience in a job-specific context, application of academic knowledge and practical training, development of language skills:
- Internship (international or in Germany, depending on your nationality) - six months
Fifth Semester - "Running a Hotel"
Courses focus on a variety of value-creating subjects in hospitality management:
- Investment & Financing
- Sales & Distribution Management
- Moderation & Conflict Management
- Food & Beverage Management II
- Rooms Division Management
Sixth Semester - "Hotel as a Project"
Courses concentrate on advanced management skills, embedded in strategic and project management, practical projects such as a hotel development project and projects in event management:
- Strategic Management
- Human Resource Management
- Destination & Tourism Marketing
- Quality & Process Management
- Event Management
- Hotel Development & Project Management
Seventh Semester - Bachelor's thesis
Research project in hotel management as well as Bachelor's thesis in line with personal interests, preparation for the start of your professional career:
- Career-launching Internship (four months)
- Bachelor's thesis
Study abroad unit(s)Students have the opportunity to spend one semester studying abroad in addition to completing an international internship. They may choose from different cooperating universities, e.g. in Barcelona (Spain), Istanbul (Turkey), or Cancún (Mexico).
InternshipsThe following internships are required:
- An internship of six weeks between the second and the third semester
- An international internship of six months during the fourth semester
- A four-month career-launching internship at the end of the programme
Forms of assessmentWritten/oral exams and presentations concomitant to studies.
During the seven semesters, students will accumulate 210 ECTS points.
Course objectivesGraduates of our programme are able to work in various positions in the hotel and hospitality industry worldwide. They can enter positions in marketing, human resources, controlling, revenue management, rooms division management and other areas of hotel management. Opportunities are numerous.
Hotels, hotel chains as well as hospitality-related companies such as event agencies, health and spa facilities and companies with a strong focus on customer service are just some of the many potential employers for graduates of this programme.
With the internationally accredited FIBAA Bachelor's degree, you are also qualified for further education at Master's level.
Language requirementsLanguage requirements for the English-based programme are TOEFL (87 ibt; CBT 227; for a score between 79-86, a supplementary conditional agreement will be issued) or comparable certificates (e.g. IELTS Academic: at least 6.5; TOEIC: at least 785 or a school leaving certificate). A university degree completed in English will suffice as proof of language proficiency.
- Applicants must provide either a German "Abitur" (A-level), a "Fachabitur" or an equivalent international baccalaureate or high school diploma.
- A four-week practical training course prior to the programme, ideally in a hotel (can be completed in your home country or within the first year of your studies).
Enrolment feesEnrolment fee: 250 EUR. There are no examination fees.
Costs of livingApprox. 590 EUR per month for personal expenses
Job opportunitiesNo restrictions are made by SRH. Students have many job opportunities at hotels in Dresden.
Services and support for international studentsService and support will be provided by the International Office. Please do not hesitate to contact us for individual questions.
AccommodationThe SRH Hotel-Akademie Dresden offers a student hostel/guest house (depending on availability). Prices are reasonable and the location can be easily reached by public transport within 20 minutes. Download of brochure available at: http://www.hotel-akademie.com/en/live-and-learn/accommodation/
Further services and support will be provided by the International Office. Please do not hesitate to contact us for individual questions.