This one-year (3 term) programme offers successful students guaranteed progression* to Coventry University. You will live and study your Foundation programme at our state-of-the-art Centre located at the heart of the Coventry University campus.
This programme gives guaranteed progression* to Year 1 of a wide range of undergraduate degrees:
- BSc (Hons) Disaster Management
- BSc (Hons) Disaster Management and Emergency Planning
- BA (Hons) English
- BA (Hons) English and Creative Writing
- BA (Hons) English and Journalism
- BA (Hons) English and TEFL
- BA (Hons) French
- BA (Hons) French and English
- BA (Hons) French and International Relations
- BA (Hons) French and Spanish
- BA (Hons) French and TEFL
- BA (Hons) Geography
- BSc (Hons) Geography
- BSc (Hons) Geography and Natural Hazards
- BA (Hons) History
- BA (Hons) International Relations
- LLB (Hons) Business Law
- LLB (Hons) Law
- LLB (Hons) International Law
- BA (Hons) Politics
- BA (Hons) History and Politics
- BA Spanish
- BA Spanish and English
- BA Spanish and International Relations
- BA Spanish and TEFL
- BA (Hons) Sociology
- BA (Hons) Sociology and Criminology
Who is this programme designed for?
This programme is designed to prepare international students, who have completed senior secondary education, for entry to undergraduate studies at Coventry University. All students who successfully complete the IFP are guaranteed placement on a suitable programme of undergraduate study at Coventry University. The IFP programme is set at level 3, which is equivalent to A-level standard in the UK.
* Guaranteed progression is subject to meeting the specified entry criteria.
Detailed Course FactsTuition fee
- GBP 12300 Year (EEA)
- GBP 12300 Year (Non-EEA)
The duration of the programme is one academic year (nine months). The year is divided into three terms of seven to eight teaching weeks, one reading week and an examination week. You will undertake up to 25 hours of classroom-based study per week.
What will I study?
This programme includes English, and a choice of three academic subject modules chosen according to the progression degree.
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed by a variety of methods during your time with us: the intention is that you have a chance to experience the full range of assessment methods that you might experience at university when you start your degree.
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 4.5
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test.
- from 4.5 IELTS or equivalent, with no single element less than 4.0, for 3-term IFP*
*Extended programmes are available if you do not have the required English language level. This programme lasts 4 terms and includes an English language module (ELM) followed by the three terms of Foundation required to apply for entry to the first year of your undergraduate degree.
If your language level is below 4.0 IELTS or equivalent then we offer the English Language Preparation Programme (ELPP)
- Minimum age: 17+
- Academic entry requirements vary per country. Please visit the programme website for more information.
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Access Bursary
Bursary for UK students all subjects where the variable tuition fee rate is payable.
- Alumni Bursary
Alumni Bursary for UK Undergraduate students
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Coventry University.