Photos of university / #hwrberlin
- first and second years at both HWR Berlin and ESCE Paris:
- compact course "French Economy and Culture" for German students, general business studies, general micro- and macroeconomics, business informatics, social sciences, statistics, mathematics, business law, financial reporting, finance, business French and English
- Fifth semester:
- internship/sandwich placement in partner country
- Sixth and seventh semesters at HWR Berlin:
- strategic management, German-French management, controlling, communication, international business law, operations management, compact course "German Economy and Culture" for French students, business French, German and English
- specialisation either in marketing management, finance, accounting, HR, or strategic management
Master's part of the programme (semesters eight to ten) at HWR Berlin and ESCE Paris:
- international management, international commerce, distribution
- specialisation either in marketing management, international finance, accounting, HR, strategic management, or supply chain management
- internship (optional)
Educational organisationThe programme is a combined BA/MA programme. After completing seven semesters of study, students are awarded the "Bachelor of Arts" by HWR Berlin. They then automatically proceed with the Master's part of the programme. After another three semesters, students are awarded the degrees "Master of Arts" or "Master of Science" (depending on their specialisation) by HWR Berlin and the "Grade Master" by ESCE Paris.
First-year courses are held in Berlin, second-year courses in Paris. During their fifth semester, students have to complete a six-month internship in a country of their partner language (German students in a French-speaking country, French students in a German-speaking country).
Students spend their sixth and seventh semesters at HWR Berlin.
Students then spend the first semester of their Master's programme in Berlin and their second semester in Paris. At the end, students choose where to spend their final semester - either in Berlin or in Paris.
This is a joint degree programme.
Study abroad unit(s)German students spend three to four semesters at ESCE Paris, French students spend three to four semesters at HWR Berlin. Both groups have to do an internship/placement in a country of the partner language.
InternshipsSix-month compulsory internship/sandwich placement during fifth semester
Forms of assessmentWritten examinations, presentations, term papers, oral examinations
Course objectivesMaster's degree in International Management with a bi-national focus (French-German)
Language requirementsProficiency in French (certificate required; level: B2) and English (B1-B2)
Proficiency in German: TestDaF 4 or DSH I (or equivalent)
Required DSH / TestDaFYes
- Second-level education
- Applicants with very good knowledge of French, German, and English (level: B2 and above) and a very good university entrance diploma are eligible for an oral interview held at the Berlin School of Economics and Law (partly in French).
- motivation letter, CV
Enrolment feesStudents pay a semester fee of approx. 300 EUR at the Berlin School of Economics and Law (which includes a six-month ticket for public transport).
Costs of livingThe cost of living in Berlin is estimated at approx. 850 EUR per month. This includes rent in a student residence hall (private accommodation costs from 300 to 500 EUR per month), living expenses, health insurance, books and material, and incidental expenses.
Job opportunitiesThere are many job opportunities for students in Berlin.
Non-EU students are permitted to work within specified limits.