Photos of university / #solentuniofficial
A unique feature of this course is the ability to achieve professional body accreditations and qualifications, along with work experience to enable you to stand out from the crowd.
This degree is the first choice for students aiming to develop a career in the creative side of marketing and advertising. We are one of only three UK universities to offer the course with professional accreditations including CIM, CAM, Google Analytic and PRINCE2 Certification boosting your prospects in the graduate job market.
Key elements include:
- Solving real-world marketing problems, designing advertising, ad agency account management and project managing ad campaigns
- Corporate and business awareness
- Global competitions and consultancy pitches to real clients
- Global consumer behaviour, data analysis and IT, and planning
- Business policy and strategy
- Personal and professional development
- Marketing options that reflect current industry needs in both the private and public sector
- Guest lectures from industry-leading speakers on current industry issues
- Opportunity to learn a language, including French, German, English, Italian, Mandarin Chinese or Spanish
- Structured induction and feedback processes
- Personal support available from tutors outside timetabled sessions.
Employability is at the heart of this course, which is designed in consultation with the marketing industry.
Supported by the course team, students are encouraged to research and organise work placements, internships or volunteer opportunities. There is flexibility within the course for students to suspend studies to take on work experience.
Ties with industry are also built through solving real-world marketing problems and completing advertising projects for clients. The opportunities to obtain CIM/CAM/PRINCE2 accreditation and Google Analytics Certification offer students enhanced employability and access to professional networks.
Career paths include:
- advertising and marketing management
- account management
- creative design
- internet marketing
- digital marketing
- analytics and CRM
- marketing communications
- product and brand management
- direct marketing
- public relations
- business development
- campaign/category management
- market research.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline 30 June Tuition fee
- GBP 9000 Year (EEA)
- GBP 10080 Year (Non-EEA)
Duration full-time 36 months Languages Take an IELTS test
Six core units:
- Personal and Professional Development 1
- Introduction to Corporate and Business Awareness
- Marketing in Business
- Introduction to Advertising
- Concepts of Global Consumer Behaviour
- Data Analysis and IT.
Five core units and one option:
- Consultancy Preparation
- Application of Corporate and Business Awareness
- Advertising Management
- Managing Marketing in Business
- Marketing Research in Action.
One option from:
- Branding Strategy
- Event Organisation
- Retail Marketing
- Any Curriculum Plus unit.
Five core units and two options:
- Personal and Professional Development 2
- Project Management in Business
- Business Project (L6)
- Strategic Marketing within the Business
- Evaluation of Creative Advertising.
One option from:
- Not-for-Profit and Public
- Sector Marketing
- Sustainable Marketing
- International Marketing
- Services Marketing
- Arts and Culture Marketing.
Why choose Solent?
This specialist marketing degree course offers:
- Industry professional body accreditations including CIM/CAM/PRINCE2 and Google
- An enhanced student learning experience through contemporary teaching, learning and assessment techniques and business simulation games
- Live client briefs and commissioned projects to gain real experience for your CV
- UK/international competitions: International Marketing Week, IBM Universities Business Challenge, The Pearson (RED) challenge
- Industry-specific options which respond to a changing environment and the job market
- Strong personal and professional development at all levels, increasing the focus on development of employability and career management skills.
Solent University has a proud heritage of providing professional and practical, industry-led qualifications, which are sought after by employers. Students can study full-time or flexibly to fit in with their lifestyle. The courses are regularly developed with input from employers to make sure they are up-to-date and fresh.
A variety of methods, including presentations, video, podcasts, events, coaching, consultancy, pitches, competitions, exams, business reports, bids, e-Portfolios.
Students work on commissioned briefs from local employers and undertake work experience and volunteer placements, as well as setting up businesses. Projects include: designing new products to sell in support of the AIDS campaign, marketing campaigns for a fitness academy and a physiotherapy company, and live commissioned projects.
Key career skills
Planning, design and delivery of campaigns, creativity, communications strategy, budgets, client relationships, industry experience, IT.
The International Foundation Year must be successfully completed before commencing undergraduate study (NQF Level 6 and above). In compliance with UKBA Tier 4 (General Student) policy, a Confirmation of Acceptance for Study (CAS) will initially be issued for the foundation course.
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6 TOEFL paper-based test score : 550
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
240 points plus GCSE Maths/English at C or above.
Applications are welcomed from students who have been educated outside the UK system, and a number of overseas qualifications are recognised as equivalent to those listed. Applicants should give full details of their qualifications, including subjects, grades, date and the name and address of the school, college, university or awarding authority.
Applicants who do not have English as their first language will be required to demonstrate an approved level of proficiency in the use of the English language. The agreed threshold attainments for undergraduate courses are:
- GCSE or GCE O Level (Grade C);
- IELTS 6.0 or a TOEFL score of 550 or more; or
- City and Guilds ESOL (written assessment) pass in Higher Intermediate examination, plus a comparable pass in City and Guilds SESL (speaking assessment) examination.
- Where students enter direct to a course at the University, in the final year, without any prior experience of the UK Higher Education System will require IELTS 6.5.
Qualifications are checked before enrolment and international students must bring their original certificates when coming to study at the University.
The University also offers an International Foundation Programme for international students who wish to improve their level of English before starting a degree course.
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Access Bursary
Bursary for UK students all subjects where the variable tuition fee rate is payable.
- Alumni Bursary
Alumni Bursary for UK Undergraduate students
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Southampton Solent University.
To help you cover the cost you can take out a tuiton fee loan to pay your fees, which is paid directly to the University by the Student Loan company. Some students are also eligible for a maintenance loan to help with their living costs.
You only repay both loans when you finish your course and are earning £21,000 or more. If you don't have an income this high you will not have to pay anything until you are earning £21,000 or more.
Our student support and welfare advisers have more information regarding financial help and details can be found on our Funding advice pages.