Photos of university / #kansasstateuniversity
The School of Family Studies and Human Services is a multidisciplinary program that provides graduate training for M.S. and Ph.D. students. The professional specializations are addressed to broad issues concerning individuals and families, and the courses are taught by a faculty of sociologists and psychologists, educators and economists, health specialists and gerontologists, social workers, marriage and family therapists, speech language pathologists and audiologists.
Extensive research and professional practice opportunities are provided through seven centers operated by the program: Early Childhood Laboratory; The Family Center, Stone House Early Childhood Education Center and the C.Q. and Georgia Chandler Institute for Child and Family Studies; Speech and Hearing Center; Marriage and Family Therapy Clinic. Opportunities are also available through the university-wide Galichia Center on Aging.
The school offers graduate work toward M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in a broad range of the human sciences and human services. The M.S. degree in family studies and human services includes specializations in communication sciences and disorders, early childhood education, family studies, life span human development, marriage and family therapy, personal financial planning, and youth development. The school offers the following specializations leading to the Ph.D. degree in human ecology: family studies, life span human development, and marriage and family therapy.
Theoretical Foundations of Marital and Family Therapy:
* Family Systems in Cultural Context
* Clinical Theory and Practice
* Pre-Practicum in Marriage and Family Therapy I
Assessment and Treatment in Marital and Family Therapy:
* Brief Solution-Focused Therapy
* Systematic Treatment of Domestic Violence and Substance Abuse
* Couples and Sex Therapy
* Family Therapy
* Individual and Family Assessment
* Systemic Assessment and Treatment of Psychopathology
* Children and Families
* Advanced Family Therapy
Family Studies and Human Services
* Contemporary Family Theories OR
* Human Sexuality
One of the Following Options * Theories of Human Development OR
* Child Development AND
* Transition to Adulthood AND
* Adult Development and Aging
* Ethics and Professional Studies
* Professional Studies in Family Therapy
* Research Methods in FSHS I AND
One of the Following Options: * Statistical Methods in Family Studies and Human Services I
* Qualitative Research Methods in FSHS
* Program Evaluation in Human Services
* Qualitative Methodology
* Quantitative Methods in Psychology
* Statistical Methods in Education
Most graduate students are able to finance their education with a variety of financial assistance tools specific to graduate school:
* Graduate Assistantships: Funded by individual departments and graduate programs, teaching, research and graduate assistantships are awarded based on a student's ability and promise.
* Graduate Fellowships
* Loans: Loans are available to U.S. citizens or permanent residents who have successfully applied for financial assistance
* Traineeships: Traineeships are offered through the university or departments that have federally supported traineeships.
Kansas State University has been providing quality education to the residents of Kansas, the country and the world for the last 150 years.Located in a community with nearly 60,000 people and more than 24,000 students, we are able to provide a safe and supportive environment for our students.Kansas State University has 3 campus locations, two of which, Manhattan and Salina, have complete academic programs and on-campus housing. Olathe is the third and newest extension of the university, focusing on collaborating with industry and Kansas City K-12 schools.Accreditation:Kansas State University has been continuously accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA) of Colleges and Schools since 1916.