This course is designed to produce interdisciplinary researchers and engineers capable of creating fusion fields of nano, bio and information science and engineering. The program provides a strong collaborative system using state-of-the-art facilities in RIKEN. Students will experience a unique range of research opportunities spanning basic and practical materials and device studies to the latest in bio-informatics and brain science.
- Nanoelectronics and Quantum nanodevices,
- Fusion of Nano,
- Bio and Information Science and Engineering,
- Materials Science and Engineering,
- Biointerfaces and Biodevices,
- Carbon Nano Tubes and Graphene,
- Nano Fabrication Terahertz Technology,
- Nano Photonics and Plasmonics,
- Theoretical (Mathematical & Computational) Neuroscience,
- Scanning Probe Microscopy and Single Molecular Detection,
- Polynuclear Metal Complexes,
- Organometallic Catalysts
Application Fee ¥30,000(JPY)
Admission Fee ¥282,000 (JPY)
- Application Form (attached form: original, no photocopies)
- Field of Study and Study Program [Research Proposal] (attached form)
- Official Academic Transcripts from both undergraduate and graduate schools (originals or certified copies)
- Certificate of Graduation or Expected Graduation from both undergraduate and graduate schools (originals or certified copies) If the applicant graduated or is graduating early or has skipped a grade or year, please submit an official document or letter issued by the school indicating such fact.
- Summary of Thesis or Research (free format):*If the applicant has not written a Master's thesis, please submit a summary of the Master's program research.
- English Proficiency Test Score Report (original, no photocopies)
- Recommendation Letter from the Dean or equivalent official of the applicant's home university for both undergraduate and graduate education (where relevant) addressed to the President of Tokyo Institute of Technology(free format) (original, no photocopies).These letters must be issued from the university the applicant attended for full time studyю
- Evaluation Sheet with Recommendation (in a single document) from a supervisor or head of department or similar official of the last university attended to verify the potential of the applicant (attached form) (original, no photocopies)
- Consent of a Tokyo Institute of Technology Faculty Member. Attach a printout of email correspondence or any other proof to verify that a Tokyo Tech faculty member has consented to be the applicant's academic supervisor during the intended period of study at Tokyo Tech.
- Applicant's Passport(one photocopy of the page or pages with the applicant's name, nationality, date of birth and photo)
- Copy of Application Guide for Scholarships offered by organizations/ governments other than the Japanese government
N.B. Documents No.3 & 4: Original documents written in a language other than English or Japanese must be accompanied by a certified English or Japanese translation. Translations should be certified by a public institution or the issuing university.
Teaching or Research Assistantship for Doctoral Programs
In an effort to ease the financial burden incurred by doctoral students, Tokyo Tech has established a Teaching and Research Assistantship ("TRA") which covers the tuition fee. Doctoral students who are enrolled and have paid the aforementioned fees may be eligible to apply for financial aid through the TRA and receive a sum equivalent to their tuition fee