Photos of university / #latrobeuni
This system provides students with the abilities and knowledge to treat and prevent disorders of the foot and foot, and also results in professional registration as a podiatrist. In addition to learning the complex assessment and management skills used in podiatric practice, students learn to address patients with complex health requirements and also to work in various regions of podiatry such as paediatrics, surgery and sports injuries. The Department of Podiatry conducts its clinic at the Melbourne Campus, and students are directly involved in the treatment of all patients. They gain further clinical experience through outside positioning at hospitals, health centers and private training under the supervision of a clinician, in both years of the course.
The Master of Podiatric Practice is accredited by The Australian and New Zealand Podiatry Accreditation Council (ANZPAC). Graduates of the Master of Podiatric Practice might be eligible to apply for enrollment with the Podiatry Board of Australia. Professional enrollment may be subject to additional or continuing conditions beyond completion of the degree. Please contact the relevant body such as details.
- Bachelor's degree completed within the past five years with a minimum grade average of 70 percent
- Relevant rates consist of: Health Science (in relevant streams such as Allied Health or Anatomy & Physiology), Medicine, Pre-Medicine, Medical or Biomedical Science, Nursing and Dentistry degrees which were awarded within the last five (5) years
- Candidates will be selected on academic merit and the degree to which pre requisite capabilities can be demonstrated
- Professional experience in related areas will be considered. English language requirements apply
- Entry to the Podiatry Graduate Entry Pros (GEMs) program requires pre-existing expertise, skills and attributes in the following core areas: - Human anatomy of the lower extremity (particularly the foot) - Human anatomy - Human pathology - Microbiology - Pharmacology
- Please see our Self-Assessment Checklist [PDF 359KB] for more info
- NB: Collecting minimal requirements will not guarantee that an offer of a place.