Photos of university / #universityofbc
The total number of credits is 30, of which 3 credits could be for a project (or 6 credits for a thesis). At least 24 credits must be in courses numbered 500 and above. Students are expected to register for a minimum of 18 credits in their first year, and a minimum of 12 credits in their second year. The Department requires that students maintain an average of at least 75% in order to stay in the program.
There are 4 key mandatory sequence of courses; most students would have some of these in their undergraduate program. Other courses are taken for breadth.
- mathematical statistics sequence: Stat 560 and Stat 561
- advanced probability and stochastic process: an advanced probability course recommended by the program advisor.
- design of experiments/ analysis of variance: Stat 404, not required as of Sept 2006, but is suggested co-requisite/prerequisite for Stat 550.
- applied statistics sequence: at least 3 credits from the applied Statistics courses: Stat 527, 538, 541, 543 and 545.
- statistical consulting sequence: Stat 550 and Stat 551.