6-year programme in Medicine is conducted entirely in English language and is designed to teach students the core competencies that are required in order to become highly skilled doctors who upon graduation are capable to pursue a wide variety of careers internationally.
The general objective of the Medicine programme is to train physicians who are able to provide medical assistance of high quality corresponding to recent achievements in medicine and high ethical standards, enhance the awareness of society of the importance of measures of health promotion and disease prevention and wish to contribute by their activities to the development of medicine as a field as well as medical science.
Upon successful graduation of the programme students can continue studying in a PhD programme, apply for a residency programme of their chosen specialty to become a doctor-specialist or have a job requiring a medical degree.
Prerequisite for application is SAT test in Biology E/M (minimum score 640). Admission takes place on the basis of a ranking list, meaning that a motivation letter forms 50% of applicant's admissions score and the SAT Test in Biology E/M 50%.
24 students will be accepted to the programme.
Application deadline: April 16.
Students graduating in summer or getting the SAT result later than the application deadline, must send the application package by April 16.
CURRICULUM STRUCTURE 360 ECTS
- Preclinical and clinical specialization courses – theoretical and practical courses from different fi elds of medicine: anatomy, psychology, pathology, surgery, internal medicine, etc.;
- Practice – theoretical knowledge applied on a clinical level;
- Estonian language – international students have an opportunity to learn Estonian language and the necessary terminology for professional communication with patients;
- Elective courses – may be selected from a fixed list of electives; optional subjects may be chosen from any faculty;
- Final examination – the exam comprises all clinical subjects of the curriculum.
SAT Subject Test in Biology E/M (minimum score 640)
NB! SAT Subject Test in Biology E/M is mandatory. It cannot be replaced by any other test and there are no exceptions.
Admission takes place on the basis of a ranking list. When ranking applicants, both the SAT score (50%) and motivation letter (50%) are taken into account. Further information: calculating the final admissions score
Taking the SAT Subject Test in Biology E/M also proves applicant's proficiency in English language, therefore submitting TOEFL, IELTS etc. is not required.
Programme fee for academic year 2015/2016 is 5500 EUR/semester. There are no tuition-waiver scholarships for Medicine.