Photos of university / #unimelb
Animation at the VCA has a long-running, world class reputation. Our graduates light up animated screens around the world and we invite you to join our creative team.
The program offers the practical exploration, innovation and development of animation screen production. It incorporates research, idea development, screenwriting, storyboarding, character design and expression. It also covers a comprehensive range of animation art, craft, and technical production methods, styles and outcomes.
Animation methods available to students include: Paint on glass, charcoal, sand, ink, 2D and 3D digital, stop-motion, pixilation, rotoscoping, visual effects and motion graphics, experimental film techniques, projection art and interdisciplinary collaborations.
In class you are challenged to respond to set problems and pursue your own creative thinking to keep the material fresh and relevant to your own experience.
Animation graduates have been keenly sought after to produce animated works for television series, short films and feature-length animations; with many applying their animation skills to video art and installation, website, games and educational programs.
|YEAR 1 - SEMESTER 1|
|Animation Studio 1ACORE||25|
|Animation Research 1CORE||12.5|
|Writing Animation 1CORE||12.5|
|YEAR 1 - SEMESTER 2|
|Animation Studio 1BCORE||25|
|Animation Lab 1CORE||12.5|
|YEAR 2 - SEMESTER 1|
|Animation Studio 2ACORE||25|
|Animation Research 2CORE||12.5|
|Writing Animation 2CORE||12.5|
|YEAR 2 - SEMESTER 2|
|Animation Studio 2BCORE||25|
|Animation Laboratory 2CORE||12.5|
|Animation Studio 3CORE||50|
|Animation Research 3CORE||12.5|
|Animation Lab 3CORE||12.5|
Applicants for the Bachelor of Fine Arts in any discipline must meet the following criteria:
- Successful completion of the VCE (or equivalent qualification);
- A study score of at least 25 in Units 3 and 4 English/English Language/Literature;
- A study score of at least 30 in Units 3 and 4 EAL.
There is no minimum ATAR requirement.
- Submit a Selection Test via SlideRoom.
- Shortlisted applicants will attend an interview.
- International applicants must submit a recorded interview if applying from overseas.
- TOEFL Paper based test - a score of 577 or more, Internet based test - a score of 79
- IELTS an overall band score of 6.5 or more in the Academic International English Language Testing System (IELTS), with no bands less than 6.0.
- Melbourne Scholarships