Photos of university / #neareaster.official
The Master of Banking and Finance degree courses at Near East University offer you a unique opportunity to study advanced theory, practice and analysical skills for a successful career in the field of banking and finance. Banking and finance are among the most dynamic industries in todays global economy. Financial institutions are playing an important role in the world economy.
The main objective of this programme is to provide a through understanding of the ways in which financial institutions operate, and the structure and functioning of the markets. This programme taught jointly by the Department of Economics and Department of Business (MBA). Participants who end the program successfully will either obtain a Master of Art (MA) in Banking and Finance or Master of Science (MSc.) in Banking and Finance.
The MA in Banking and Finance is a practical and career-oriented program, which is ideal for candidates who wants to expand their knowledge in the area. Candidates for the MA in Banking and Finance are required to complete 14 courses (42 credits) without dissertation. These 14 courses include 3 core (compulsury) courses and 11 optional (electives) courses.
The MSc. in Banking and Finance is a rigorous programme that will provide you the knowledge and analysical skills, which is ideal for candidates who wishes to develop their expertise and further their professinal careers. Candidate for MSc. in Banking and Finance are required to complete 12 courses (36 credits) and Master Thesis (6 Credits).
These 14 courses include 4 core courses, 8 elective courses and a project course equivalent to two courses.
A good grounding in the principles of economics, accounting and finance is essential to gain a full understanding of the banking and financial sector of the economy. Students whose undergraduate are not in the field of banking, economics or business backgroound are also acceptable for the master programme. For those students, foundation courses must be completed before students enroll in banking and finance department. These courses are determined by the Committee Meeting of the Department of Banking and Finance.
I. Core Courses
* FIN 502 Bank Management
* FIN 516 Financial Management
* FIN 527 Economics of Financial Markets
* FIN 534 Quantitative Methods for Finance (Compulsury for MSc. Degree)
II. Technical Elective Courses
* ACC 505 Advanced Topics in Accounting
* ACC 506 Financial Reporting and Analysis
* BANK 501 International Banking
* ECON 501 Microeconomics
* ECON 512 International Economics I
* ECON 515 Trends in Globalization
* ECON 544 Fiscal Policy
* ECON 511 Macroeconomics
* FIN 501 Mathematics of Finance
* FIN 504 International Finance
* FIN 517 Investment Analysis
* FIN 518 Portfolio Management
* FIN 524 Corporate Finance
* FIN 528 Financial Statement Analysis
* FIN 529 Financial Risk Management
* FIN 530 Fund Management
* FIN 531 Money Market Analysis
* FIN 532 Monetary and Fiscal Policy
* FIN 533 Advance Topic in Finance
* FIN 537 Financial and Economic Crises
* MAN 504 Quantitative Analysis of Business and Economics
* MAN 599 Master Thesis (6 Credit)
Requirements for Applications to Postgraduate Master’s programs of Near East University are as follows:
- Graduating from a BSc or BA level undergraduate program (Min. CGPA 2.50)
- English Proficiency: TOEFL and other Qualifications may be considered.
- Turkish Proficiency (Required only for foreign students applying to Departments whereby the language of instruction is Turkish. Students applying to the Faculty of Medicine or Dentistry are required to have knowledge of the Turkish Language before beginning clinical training).
Diplomas conferred upon by the Near East University are accredited by YÖK as well as many international accreditation institutions. Our university has a full membership of IAU (International Association of Universities), an academic authority within the body of United Nations. We are also a full member of EUA (European University Association), an academic authority of the European Union and FUIW (Federation of the Universities of the Islamic World). These memberships are certified by the special seals on our diplomas. Also, Our policy is to establish academic affiliations with innumerable universities and the other foreign higher education institutions to provide our academicians with exchange programs.