Photos of university / #uniofyork
CSR and environmental management are becoming key issues for a wide range of businesses and organisations, both in the UK and overseas, as they seek to resolve longstanding operational and competitive challenges using socially and environmentally friendly technologies and processes.
The context of the programme will be international, reflecting the increasing trend towards the globalisation of business organisation and the transnational nature of environmental problems faced by the corporate sector and regulators and policy-makers.
The programme is suitable for those aiming for careers in management both in the for-profit and not-for-profit sectors, which require an understanding of CSR, and environmental management.
The programme incorporates a range of modules from business management and environmental science including compulsory modules in Corporate Social Responsibility and Risk, Continuity and Change in Organisations, Qualitative Research Methods, Tools for Environmental Assessment, Social and Environmental Accounting, Climate Change and Carbon Management, and Quantitative Methods and Data Analysis, and Financial Management.
Optional modules may include the Management of Human Resources, Strategic Management and Organisational Change, the study of Business Information Systems, Innovation and Technology Management, Operations and Project Management, Environment, Law and Policy, Pollution Control and Waste Management, Environmental Economics, Environmental Science and Management Case Studies, and Environmental Contaminants: Pathways and Processes. The programme also incorporates a dissertation component involving independent research in any aspect of CSR and Environmental management covered by the syllabus.
* Corporate Social Responsibility & Risk (20 credits)
* Business Information Systems (10 credits)
* Financial Management (10 credits)
* Environmental Science and Management Case Studies (10 credits)
* Tools for Environmental Assessment (10 credits)
* Climate Change Science and Management (10 credits)
* Environmental Law and policy (10 credits)
* Qualitative Research Methods (10 credits)
Choice of 1 from:
* Social and Environmental Accounting (20 credits)
* Continuity and Change in Organisations (20 credits)
* Quantitative Methods and Data Analysis (10 credits)
* Dissertation (60 credits)
Note: the University reserves the right to change the modules on offer