Photos of university / #kansasstateuniversity
In this specialty, students will: * study the research and theories behind technology choices
* develop instructional design knowledge and skills
* learn about online and hybrid learning; project-based learning; technology's role in school reform; telementoring and telecollaboration; ethical and social issues in technology; and informal and intentional learning projects (e.g. online or in a museum or park).
Graduates have become technology directors and instructional designers, and have also continued with doctoral study in this area for work in higher education at the community college or university level as faculty or administrators.
Instructional Design Emphasis
Instructional design principles are emphasized in this specialty. These principles are applied to teaching and learning in face-to-face instruction, immersive spaces and virtual worlds, augmented reality and other distributed and online learning environments.
Courses include: * Proseminar I: Educational Computing, Design and Distance Education
* Proseminar II: Technology Change, Research and Theory
* Instructional Design
* Foundations of Distance Education
* Topics in Curriculum and Instruction
* Seminar in Curriculum and Instruction
* Cognitive Issues in Educational Computing
Most graduate students are able to finance their education with a variety of financial assistance tools specific to graduate school:
* Graduate Assistantships: Funded by individual departments and graduate programs, teaching, research and graduate assistantships are awarded based on a student's ability and promise.
* Graduate Fellowships
* Loans: Loans are available to U.S. citizens or permanent residents who have successfully applied for financial assistance
* Traineeships: Traineeships are offered through the university or departments that have federally supported traineeships.
Kansas State University has been providing quality education to the residents of Kansas, the country and the world for the last 150 years.
Located in a community with nearly 60,000 people and more than 24,000 students, we are able to provide a safe and supportive environment for our students.
Kansas State University has 3 campus locations, two of which, Manhattan and Salina, have complete academic programs and on-campus housing. Olathe is the third and newest extension of the university, focusing on collaborating with industry and Kansas City K-12 schools.
Kansas State University has been continuously accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA) of Colleges and Schools since 1916.