Photos of university / #yasaruniv
The department of engineers, who design, improve and manage energy systems in the most efficient and sustainable way
Energy is in the center of almost everything in the nature, in society and indeed in the universe. Energy systems engineering is a multidisciplinary approach of improving all energy systems, from manufacturing to end using. Limited energy sources, energy efficiency/saving and management, renewable energy (solar, biomass, hydraulic, wind, geothermal etc.), the issues about the raising energy producing and usage are presenting the need of experts, that have studied in the energy system engineering branch, increasingly.
In this context, the energy sector is undergoing a big change with the pressure of environmental restrictions (like the combustion related contaminants and greenhouse gas emissions), the increment of the fuel prices, the decreasing of the fossil fuels and the decreasing control on the energy market. Energy systems engineers are in the center of such issues.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline Fall semester:August 31st;Spring semester:January 31st Tuition fee
- USD 10500 Year (National)
- USD 10500 Year (International)
Duration full-time 48 months Languages Take an IELTS test
Except the labs used with other engineering departments, it is planned to establish some other laboratories within our department and they are listed below.
CONTROL SYSTEMS LABORATORY
In control system lab, the students will be able to carry out applications about System Dynamics and Control. Students will learn, how to do automatic level, flow, pressure and temperature controls with different control methods ( ON-OFF, partial (P), partial and integral (PI), partial and differential (PD) and partial, integral and differential (PID)).
HEAT TECHNIQUE LABORATORY
In heat technique lab, students will be able to carry out applications about Thermodynamics, Heat and Mass Transfer, Fluid Mechanics, Heat Exchangers and Measurement Technique. As applications of Fluid Mechanics, it is aimed to make the calculations of pressure drops in commonly used plumbing equipments and pump efficiencies. Its also aimed to draw and to evaluate the pump characteristic curves. As Thermodynamics applications, the students will make an experiment of a mechanical compression refrigeration system. So they will learn the characteristics of the refrigeration cycle and the components of it.
The functions of a air handling unit with heat recovery will be explained and main psychrometric operations will carried out on this system. An air-water heat pump will be tested and the coefficient of performance (COP) will be calculated, heat pump efficiency curves will be drawn and comparisons of ideal and reel cycles will be made on p-h diagrams. The calculations of heat transfer coefficients of different type heat exchangers (double-pipe, shell-and-tube, fan-coil) will be carried out as heat transfer and heat exchangers applications. As a heat transfer application, its also aimed to measure temperature distributions and to calculate the conductivities of different materials, in both steady and unsteady states.
RENEWABLE ENERGY LABORATORY
The aim of this lab is to carry out applications about solar and wind energy. In this context, a vacuum tube solar collector will be tested and its efficiency and capacity will be calculated. In another training set, consisting of a wind turbine and solar cell, the efficiency of the turbine will be calculated, the effect of wind velocity to power generation will be shown and the electrical capacity of the solar cell will calculated.
English Language Requirements
TOEFL paper-based test score : 550 TOEFL iBT® test : 79
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test.
For National Students (First-Cycle / Undergraduate Programmes)
- High School Diploma
- Placement through centralized national university placement examination (YGS) administered by Student Selection and Placement Center (ÖSYM). Student Selection and Placement Center (ÖSYM) is responsible to place students according to their YGS scores.
- Certificate of Yasar University Foreign Language Achievement Test (FLAT) or Paper Based TOEFL (PBT) score of 550, or Computer Based TOEFL (CBT) score of 213 or Internet Based TOEFL (IBT) score of 79, or equivalent. (Applicants, who have not achieved the minimum required score from a recognized English Proficiency Examination, must enroll for a one-year intensive English Language Preparatory Programme at Yasar University English Preparatory School.)
For International Students (Full Time / First Cycle/ Undergraduate Programmes)
- Application Form
- High School Diploma
- Certificate of Yasar University Foreign Language Achievement Test (FLAT) or Paper Based TOEFL (PBT) score of 550, or Computer Based TOEFL (CBT) score of 213 or Internet Based TOEFL (IBT) score of 79, or equivalent. (Applicants, who have not achieved the minimum required score from a recognized English Proficiency Examination, must enroll for a one-year intensive English Language Preparatory Programme at Yasar University English Preparatory School.) (Not required for native speakers).
- Letter of Recommendation
- Photocopy of Passport
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Yasar University.
FundingAcademic Achievement Scholarship:
Undergraduate students enrolled at Yasar University are eligible for scholarships based on their academic performance. Any student, who has completed the first academic year and achieved a grade point average of above 2.30 out of 4.00, will be eligible to apply for an academic scholarship. Within the quota determined, scholarships for the following academic year, will be awarded on a 100%, 50% and 25% basis. The scholarship will continue as long as the student’s grades are maintained.
Yasar University offers Sports Scholarships to successful athletes playing in National teams. This year, scholarships of 100%, 50% and 25% will be offered to athletes in below fields: Tennis, Table Tennis, Archery, Athletics, Chess, Fencing, Gymnastics, Swimming and Triathlon Applications for Sports Scholarship are taken during May.
Turkish Government Scholarships:
Some international students may also be eligible for scholarships sponsored by the Turkish government.