Over the past few decades, because of the growing use of computers in every aspect of society, the need for qualified software engineers has grown drastically. Since the graduates from the undergraduate programs offered in the computer field cannot possibly meet this demand, it becomes a necessity to educate graduates from other disciplines in the area of software engineering. In addition, the graduates from computer science/engineering fields do not have sufficient knowledge in one of the fastest growing branches of the computer field: software engineering.
The Software Engineering graduate program of Atilim University aims to help computer engineering/science graduates to gain expertise in the area of software engineering, and also to give sufficient technical background to graduates from other disciplines enabling them to gain knowledge and experience to work as software engineers.
Detailed Course FactsApplication deadline July 15, December 15 Tuition fee
- EUR 10250 Year (EEA)
1. SemesterCourse CodeCourse NameLectureLab HourCreditECTSPHYS 101Physics I3246MATH 151Calculus I 4257.5ENG 111 or
ENG 113Introduction to Communication Skills
Academic Listening and Note-taking2
4.5E 101Engineering Fundamentals1012COMPE 111Introduction to Computer Engineering2235CHEM 102Chemistry3246Total15/1612/821/2031
2. SemesterCourse CodeCourse NameLectureLab HourCreditECTSSE 112Introduction to Software Engineering3035PHYS 102General Physics II 3246MATH 152Calculus II 4257.5ENG 104Communication Skills II2234COMPE 112Computer Programming in C3246.5Total1581929
3. SemesterCourse CodeCourse NameLectureLab HourCreditECTSSE 211Human Computer Interaction3036MATH 275Linear Algebra4046IE 220Probability and Statistics3034.5ENG 211Communication Skills III1223COMPE 251Discrete Computational Structures3035.5COMPE 223Object Oriented Programming3035.5Total1721830.5
4. SemesterCourse CodeCourse NameLectureLab HourCreditECTSSE 232Systems Software Validation and Testing2235.5SE 222Software Quality Assurance3035MATH 276Differential Equations4046ENG 212Technical Report Writing and Communication2023COMPE 226Data Structures3035NTSocial Elective 3035Total1721829.5
5. SemesterCourse CodeCourse NameLectureLab HourCreditECTSTURK 101Turkish Language I2022SE 399Summer Practice I0001SE 311Software Requirements Engineering3034.5COMPE 341Database Design and Management3246.5COMPE 325Study of Programming Languages3035.5COMPE 323Algorithms3035.5COMPE 231Digital Circuits and Syste3246Total1741931
6. SemesterCourse CodeCourse NameLectureLab HourCreditECTSTURK 102Turkish Language II2022SE 332Object-Oriented Analysis and Design3036SE 322Software Design and Architecture3036IE 305Engineering Economic Analysis3035TETechnical Elective3035NTSocial Elective 3035Total1701729
7. SemesterCourse CodeCourse NameLectureLab HourCreditECTSSE 499Summer Practice II0001SE 491Senior Project I2026.5SE 420Software Project Management3035HIST 101Principles of Atatürk and the History of Turkish Revolution I 2022COMPE 431Operating Systems3246.5TETechnical Elective3035TETechnical Elective3035Total1621731
8. SemesterCourse CodeCourse NameLectureLab HourCreditECTSSE 492Senior Project II1438ORY 400Social and Cultural Activites0001HIST 102Principles of Atatürk and History of Turkish Revolution II 2022COMPE 436Data Communications and Networks3248TETechnical Elective3035TETechnical Elective3035Total1261529
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
Courses and Credits
The Software Engineering graduate program is offered in two options: with thesis and without thesis. The aim of the thesis option is to prepare the students for PhD programs while motivating them to perform research in the area of software engineering. In the second option, the objective is to educate students so that they can work as software engineers. The courses are divided into three groups in both options: Software, Computer Science and Electives courses. In this framework, students should take at least 3 courses from the software group and one course from the computer science group. Throughout the program, a maximum number of two undergraduate courses could be taken with the approval of the advisor. In this case, for each of these undergraduate courses a "special studies" course should be taken which are denoted by "SE580 Special Studies I" and "SE581 Special Studies II". The required number of courses and credits in both options are given below:
Graduate Program with Thesis (21 Credits - 120 ECTS)
- 4 Software Engineering Must Courses (12 credits - 30 ECTS)
- 2 Software Engineering Electives (6 credits - 15 ECTS)
- 1 Elective Course (3 credits 7.5 ECTS)
- Graduation Seminar (NC - 7.5 ECTS)
- Special Studies on Thesis Subject (NC - 10 ECTS)
- Thesis (NC - 50 AKTS)
Graduate Program without Thesis (30 credits - 90 ECTS)
- 3 Software Engineering Must Courses (9 credits 22.5 ECTS)
- 2 Software Engineering Electives (6 credits - 15 ECTS)
- 5 Elective Courses (15 credits 37.5 ECTS)
- Graduation Project (NC -15 ECTS)
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Alumni Study Travel Fund
Scholarships for students who are already attending the University of Reading.
- Amsterdam Merit Scholarships
The University of Amsterdam aims to attract the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Outstanding students from outside the European Economic Area can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship.
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than Atilim University.