Photos of university / #uni_southampton
Europe is developing as a market in terms of land through continental and cross-border transactions, the migration of people from one country to another and the rapid rise in the purchase of second homes. Developing a thorough knowledge and understanding of land law, which underpins so many of these transactions, is therefore vital for professionals working in related fields.
The School of Law is leading the way in the field of European land law, with the first postgraduate course in England devoted specifically to land law in its European and comparative aspects. This programme offers the opportunity to study a unique combination of subjects that are taught by highly-respected academic researchers who are acknowledged specialists in the field. As a result, you will gain a unique qualification and you will be well-placed to pursue your chosen career with specialist and in-depth knowledge of this important area.
This programme will appeal to solicitors who advise private and commercial cross-border clients; associated professionals such as bankers, estate agents and development advisors; academic comparative lawyers from the UK and English speakers from Europe as well as recent law graduates from UK and European universities.
Students are free to select any four subjects from the list below and will also write a dissertation on a subject of their choice.
* LAWS6077 Commercial Conflict of Laws & International Litigation
* LAWS6070 Commercial fraud and money laundering
* LAWS6066 Commercial Secured Financing
* LAWS6080 Comparative Land Laws of Europe
* LAWS6081 Corporate Governance
* LAWS6083 European Land Law
* LAWS6098 Remedies and Commercial Litigation under EU Law
* LAWS6085 European Trusts, Succession and Private Taxation
* LAWS6063 International tax law
* LAWS6086 International Commercial Arbitration
* LAWS6064 International Trade Law
* LAWS6071 Internet Law
* LAWS6102 Law of the marine environment
* LAWS6069 Law of Unjust Enrichment
* LAWS6101 EU Competition Law
Please note: This specification provides a concise summary of the main features of the programme and the learning outcomes that a typical student might reasonably be expected to achieve and demonstrate if s/he takes full advantage of the learning opportunities that are provided. More detailed information can be found in the programme handbook (or other appropriate guide).