Photos of university / #kansasstateuniversity
The Gerontology masters degree program is designed to prepare students who plan to work directly with older people or who will be involved in education or research related to aging issues.
The program provides students with the core competencies identified by the Association for Gerontology in Higher Education and draws on the expertise of graduate faculty and graduate courses from several universities. Students completing the program at K-State will earn a masters degree in Family Studies and Human Services with a Specialization in Gerontology.
Core Courses: * Adult Development and Aging
* Perspectives in Gerontology
* Program Evaluation and Research Methods in Gerontology
* Public Policy: Economic and Social Impacts on Older Adults
* Aging and the Family
* Professional Seminar in Gerontology
* Physical Health and Aging
Most graduate students are able to finance their education with a variety of financial assistance tools specific to graduate school:
* Graduate Assistantships: Funded by individual departments and graduate programs, teaching, research and graduate assistantships are awarded based on a student's ability and promise.
* Graduate Fellowships
* Loans: Loans are available to U.S. citizens or permanent residents who have successfully applied for financial assistance
* Traineeships: Traineeships are offered through the university or departments that have federally supported traineeships.
Kansas State University has been providing quality education to the residents of Kansas, the country and the world for the last 150 years.
Located in a community with nearly 60,000 people and more than 24,000 students, we are able to provide a safe and supportive environment for our students.
Kansas State University has 3 campus locations, two of which, Manhattan and Salina, have complete academic programs and on-campus housing. Olathe is the third and newest extension of the university, focusing on collaborating with industry and Kansas City K-12 schools.
Kansas State University has been continuously accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA) of Colleges and Schools since 1916.