Photos of university / #universitatvalencia
The mission of the Universitat de València clearly sets out the raison d’être of the institution, according to the legal and statutory framework. The strategic planning process undertaken to define the Strategic Plan of the Universitat de València 2008-2011 resulted in the definition of the University’s mission.
We understand that this statement remains fully active, although their achievement will require different objectives and lines of action that focus on new challenges and circumstances.
The Universitat de València wants to be recognised in the future for:
- Being an institution of higher education with a quality, comprehensive and international academic offer, which is open to everyone and covers permanent training needs throughout the different stages of the life cycle of users.
- The ability to provide comprehensive guidance to their students, as embodied in the quality of the undergraduate experience at the Universitat de València and in a qualification that enhances employability of graduates.
- The volume and impact of research results generated by its teams.
- The ability to capture specialised research resources: attracting and developing talent and concurring in the international competitive calls.
- The ability to offer a wide variety of transfer and scientific-technical services, through visible and accessible processes, easily understood by current and potential users.
- The ability to create stable relationships with users of transfer services, and offer them comprehensive solutions that go beyond specific transactions.
- The amplitude, quality and richness of its offer of culture and participation in university life, contributing to a ‘UV’s experience' that meets the needs of users.
- Being a cultural reference in the Valencian society, with special attention to its culture and language.
Every institution has a culture based on an ensemble of values that permeate the principles that regulate its actions. The values of the UV have being shaped throughout history and they have been reflected in the University Constitution.
The presentation of the UV values aims to set out a solid reference framework that guides the behaviour and attitudes of the institution that influence its decisions and the way in which it performs its activities, and they constitute the main .concepts that articulate the different environments of the University Social Responsibility (USR) of the UV.
Thus, the values that permeate the actions of the UV and that serve as a basis for the development of the Strategic Plan 2012-2015 are the following:
- Identity commitment. The UV is an institution deeply-rooted in the territory and linked to the Valencian reality. Therefore it pays special attention to the protection and promotion of its culture and language, as well as the study of all the cultural manifestations of its immediate cultural and territorial environment.
- Excellence in the development of all our teaching activities, research, transference and cultural dissemination. This value is specified in our commitment to quality, assessment and continuous improvement.
- Innovation. The UV accomplishes its intellectual leadership vocation from its principles of rationality and universality, by facilitating, stimulating and hosting intellectual and critical activities in every knowledge and learning field.
- Social and economic progress, resulting in the commitment of the UV to intellectual and material development of nations and knowledge advancement.
- Transparency in the management and open dialogue with society, which promotes participation, trust and commitment to the institution. To facilitate the internal communication and mutual knowledge between the different groups of interest that form the university community for making possible the harmonious development of the knowledge addressed to enhance the skills of people and their coexistence in a plural and democratic society.
- Justice, resulting in equal rights and opportunities for everyone, without discrimination caused by race, gender, opinion, language or religion reasons or any other social or personal condition or circumstance. Regarding to internal policy, the UV promotes positive reinforcement measures for equal participation of all members of the institution and advocates in favour of its language and culture, which are the heart of its identity. Positive actions for people with disabilities are also promoted, in order for them to have a full and satisfactory university life.
- Equality. The UV performs its functions and activities (teaching, research, cultural and management) under the principle of equal opportunities for men and women, and it develops and applies this through the corresponding ‘Equality Plan’.
- Solidarity and cooperation with different groups of interest with which the institution interacts in the social, cultural, economic and academic environment. In the academic environment, the UV is committed to the creation of opportunities and equal conditions for the greatest number of people (social dimension of higher education). Likely, the UV cooperates with other universities and academic institutions, with special attention in the Valencian universities and the ones belonging to the Catalan linguistic area, included in the network of the current Joan Lluís Vives Institute.
- Sustainability The UV serves the ecological and environmental defence and it promotes and applies active measures to protect and improve the health of the university community members. The Institution develops this value through the active application of the twenty-five policies included in the “Sustainable Campus. Education and Research for Sustainability” programme .