Photos of university / #uniofgreenwich
This programme is designed for professionals from a social care, housing, health or nursing background who already have a qualification at diploma level and who wish to obtain a degree.
All students start the programme at Level 6 (equivalent to the third year of a degree). The programme provides 120 academic credits.
The programme would be particularly useful if you require a degree for career progression, especially if you are working or planning to work in community settings. The aim of the programme is for students to integrate theory and practice in their studies. The approach to study is based on sharing inter-professional learning.
The programme comprises both core and option courses. Options are open to all students, regardless of practice background. Some involve assessed practice; others are purely academic.
This programme does not enable you to qualify as a professional social worker. If you wish to do so, you should apply for the BA Hons Social Work programme.
The aims of the programme are:
- To develop specific knowledge and understanding related to the support of service users within a complex health and social care context
- To develop an integrated knowledge base, enabling the student to select from contributing disciplines and philosophies and apply these to their area of interest/practice
- To facilitate the experiences and knowledge of multi-professional and multi-agency teamwork and collaborative practice, including partnerships with service users and carers.
Detailed Course FactsTuition fee
- GBP 9000 Year (EEA)
- GBP 10350 Year (Non-EEA)
Duration full-time 12 months Languages Take an IELTS test
- Contemporary Issues in Health and Social Care (30 credits)
- Domestic Abuse (15 credits)
- Managing Social Enterprises in Health and Social Care (15 credits)
- Project - A Critical Review of Research Literature (30 credits)
- One 15-credit option from: Academic Preparation; Keeping Children Safe From Harm; Social Enterprise in Health and Social Care (15 credits)
- One 15-credit option from: Research Methods in Health and Social Care; Keeping Children Safe from Harm; Social Enterprise in Health and Social Care (15 credits)
English Language Requirements
IELTS band : 6
To study at this university, you have to speak English. We advice you totake an IELTS test. More About IELTS
Applicants should have:
240 academic credits
OF WHICH 90 must be at level 5
FROM EITHER a foundation degree in Health and Social Care or related subject
OR Diploma HE in Nursing or Midwifery
OR HND Care
OR DipHE Youth and Community Work.
Applicants must be able to undertake 180 hours of work experience during the period of study.
No work experience is required.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship
"The Academic Excellence Scholarship can provide up to a 50 % reduction in tuition per semester. These scholarships will be renewed if the student maintains superior academic performance during each semester of their 3-year Bachelor programme. The scholarship will be directly applied to the student’s tuition fees."
- Access Bursary
Bursary for UK students all subjects where the variable tuition fee rate is payable.
- Alumni Bursary
Alumni Bursary for UK Undergraduate students
* The scholarships shown on this page are suggestions first and foremost. They could be offered by other organisations than University of Greenwich.